Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 4:49:10 PM EDT

Instructors barging into training classrooms of recruits firing blanks in AR15's?

Instructors firing blanks in AR15's in their offices because cadets are standing in front of a doorway? Firing the blanks within 2 feet of a cadets body while pointing the rifle at their legs?

Is that the typical kind of training?

Please tell me that is not typical. I would expect more professionalism and safety from officers.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Instructors barging into training classrooms of recruits firing blanks in AR15's?

Instructors firing blanks in AR15's in their offices because cadets are standing in front of a doorway? Firing the blanks within 2 feet of a cadets body while pointing the rifle at their legs?

Is that the kind of training is that?

Please tell me that is not typical. I would expect more professionalism and safety from officers.

It's TV...Take it in the the same context as "American Chopper" or "American Hot Rod".
It's based on the real deal, with a butt load of drama mixed in for entertainment value.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:11:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#3]

I've always wanted to see the show, but I don't have the channel it shows on (I think it's on satellite, I have cable). But that sounds nuts.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#4]
That show embarrasses LEO's. The incompetence, lack of physical fitness, and incompetence (did I say that one already. It bears repeating) of some of the recruits is off the charts. Ten weeks and some of them still don't have basic drill and ceremony down. Can't climb walls, can't even get on paper at ten yards with a handgun, can't do fifteen good push ups, etc. Pathetic!

The fifty year old, 100 lbs. females who want to become cops? Are they serious? Do they really picture themselves fighting with an angry, drugged up man twice their weight?

I realize that the show showcases the dimwits and idiots, but still; the fact that there are that many dimwits is scary. Most of them view it as "just another job". I'm sorry, but a job where you may be expected to risk your life and/or take the life of another in the line of duty is NOT an ordinary job and is not for everybody. How does these idiots even get hired on the PD is beyond me!

I give good cops credit for having to work besides those idiots.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#5]
This show is amazing... I wonder how many are actually going to make it through FTO.

I am not LE but I can tell someone with common sense from someone who doesn't. It's scary but with mass hiring these days to plug holes in the field is amazing....
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 10:38:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Someone was nice enough to send me a link to a website where I could see the show since I don't have the channel it shows on.

It really kept my interest, but mostly because I'll be trying to get back to it after I get my knee taken care of. It was kind of a "man that stuff is miserable, but I can't wait to get back to it" kind of thing.

I couldn't believe the LASD apparently hires people without giving them SOME kind of physical test first. Seriously, they had a recruit do 2 miles in 28 minutes?!?! I think it was the same recruit that literally couldn't even do one pushup. If you ask me, that's quite a waste of money for the department to put someone through the hiring process and starting the academy without first saying, "Can you do a few pushups for us?" Government intelligence I guess.

What really blew my mind was all the unarmed instructors. In the academy I was in, anytime they were in uniform they had fully loaded up duty belts including guns. What's more common in the academies all around, armed or unarmed instructors?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top