Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2007 8:22:14 PM EDT
Hello Brothers of the Shield,

Here is a scenario, true.  Let's say, a friend, let's call her "J", admits on a myspace survey publicly, that she, has in the past, tried Ecstacy.  I've heard rumors that police check myspace accounts about illegal activity.  Is this true?

TIA

David

ETA-I know the LE community goes hard after molestors etc.  I mean other illegal activity outside of that.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure why this is important to you, but I don't believe that a local LE agency or any other LE agency will care about some person on Myspace admitting to having tried ecstasy.  Unless if perhaps that person is trying to get hired into LE and more likely that the drug use is recent.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:52:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Myspace can be an investigators wet dream... but usually only if they are "looking" at that person already.

If we investigated every pot reference, ecstasy story or dope picture... it would take two years just to get through your "friends list" DeeJ.

All bets are off with pedophiles.

I see.  

Thanks for the replies.  I can see your point. Myspace is way too big to go through everyone.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 7:22:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Never leave the office.   Copy Myspace info.   Write Warrant.   Have judge sign warrant.   Have tactical team kick in the door,  seize dope and cheetos.   Show up at court.

Nah.   Hasn't come to that yet.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 7:43:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Watch what happens if your friend starts selling Ecstasy on myspace.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:30:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Deej,

You're also not taking into account that..... people lie.

Call it "bragging" or whatever, but..... people lie.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hello Brothers of the Shield,

Here is a scenario, true.  Let's say, a friend, let's call her "J", admits on a myspace survey publicly, that she, has in the past, tried Ecstacy.  I've heard rumors that police check myspace accounts about illegal activity.  Is this true?

TIA

David

ETA-I know the LE community goes hard after molestors etc.  I mean other illegal activity outside of that.

If someone starts bragging about their actual illegal drug activity on the internet on their myspace account, they are dumb to the point that it is an absolute certainty they are going to get caught sooner or later.  And, it has been my experience that they frequently are that dumb.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Deej,

Could be true.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Tried ecstasy??

Yippee!!

We hit the motherload. Where is the link

Maybe "I haul in 10,000 pills a month and here are some pics of my last shipment"
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Deej,

Could be true.

I'm not [necessarily] saying that she's lying, but just an admission from some random teen/twentysomething..... on the intaweb...... I can't seriously think of a PD that would devote the resources to tracking down that potential sinner on the chance she was telling the truth.

Unless she provided high-res pics with a clearly-identifiable face...... and/or it somehow made it to the attention of someone on the PD in her jurisdiction...... and so on and so forth.

Or if she was one of the hottie Bush twins.

Then she might have something to worry about.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#11]
The real concern is that HR in lots of companies are now checking into applicants myspace accounts and other on line activity to deturmine if they are going to hire this person or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top