Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2006 6:54:04 PM EDT
I got sprayed again today with Vexor 7,  I was sprayed in jail basic 4 months ago and today I got sprayed again. I thought it would be easier.... NOPE it still sux.  Anyone have any interesting stories to tell about O.C...???? Oh yeah btw we had to lay and do pushups while the instructors sprayed clear out on the ground

DRUFF
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have 2 weeks of ERT training coming up in Sept...I'll feel your pain.
On my CO basic course we had one guy scream like a little bitch when he got sprayed. Took 2 guys to wrestle him into the shower.
I was doing a ride along with a friend one night and he oc'd a guy in a bar parking lot. Only problem was..I was standing directly behind the bad guy..and the wind blew it back in my friends face. So he managed to oc the 3 of us. Next up was a quick vote on who could see good enough to drive the cruiser back to the police station!

yeah they said one of my partners throughout my career WILL spray me.  I told my partner today if he sprays me, WE WILL FIGHT LOL

DRUFF
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 9:36:34 PM EDT
[#3]
My insructor at the academy looked at me with a sick smile and gave me a good spray. I fought the dummy longer than I thought I would and then it hit. I was getting over a sinus infection. Out came a 2-foot green booger hanging from my nose. It cleared me out.

I was very, very careful to clean my head and face several times before taking a shower. OC can be sting the boys.

The last time I used it was in a living room. Just a poof in a burglar's face who was noncompliant at gunpoint filled the room. We had to open all the windows and doors to air the place out.

I carry OC on left front side of duty belt. HK USP .45f is on right side. I have gotten good at getting the OC out and using it left-handed. My right hand is free for the pistol and the ASP.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a guy last fall that barracaded himself in a bathroom.  My partner and I were able to get the door open just enough for me to get my hand and OC in the door.  I gave him about half a can and then we let the door shut.  He locked it but we didn't care.  We listened to him crying and puking into the toilet for about 5 minutes before we kicked the door in.  After we drug him out we found the OC outline silhouette on the wall behind him.  It was beautiful, I hit him square in the face from about 2 feet.  I prefer to use it to the tazer because it is the gift that keeps on giving.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I been sprayed twice now once for training the other when we had a fight.  The first time I had to fight off six guys with my pr24.  It wasn't any fun.  We had a CO loose his eye sight for two weeks when it got into his eyes he full was fine after that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:03:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I got certified and it did hurt.

Well the next time I got sprayed I was at my house.  What happend was my wife's pepper spray had accidently gone off in her purse while she was at work. (Punch cone pattern) she said everyone around her was coughing and hacking, so she did what was right and quietly exited along with them.....  Well I was washing off the leather carrier it was in and rinsing off the container.....I started pushing the container back into the leather holder and the saftey twisted around and stuck open so I got a good blast of punch in my face. I was in the bathroom, so I declothed and hopped into the shower. Nice and warm.

ETA:  Not OC, but I was at our college's PD late one slow hoot shift visiting one of their officers.  We were digging through their old "junk closet" when I found an old can of MACE.  I told their officer I was going to shake it up and spray it to see what MACE 'smells' like.  I was sitting on a chair and shook it about 5 times when I hit the top of the can on my knee and it shot MACE everywhere, dumped the whole can.  Well it does burn and is hard to breath, we both started snotting and had to go outside to get some air.  Not as bad as OC, but still rough, you snot a lot more...
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I hate O.C., hurts like hell.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 12:06:33 AM EDT
[#8]
We use CS/OC and it works quite well.  Much better (IMO) than just OC.

In the academy we had to spray each other, each of us taking turns while doing weapon retention.  It was uncomfy as hell but also a helluva learning experience.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife picked me up one night after I helped close down a nightclub.  I got in the car on the passenger side (where I usually don't sit), and I hear a faint hissing sound.  I yell at her to get out of the car, and she hangs around to wonder why.  The old cans of Cap-Stun didn't have any kind of safety feature to prevent an accidental discharge.

She hates the stuff, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top