Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 4:42:13 PM EDT
Okay, for the last five years i've dreamed of becoming a leo. Only problem is i can't seem to pass Montgomery's "psyc exam." i guess i'm TOO law abiding. so my question is, is there any departments in the central alabama (1-2hr drive from montgomery) that are hiring, with a "small" contract. preferably of around a year?

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#1]
The Jefferson county personnel board is now taking applications on the web. It is a general test for some thing like 14 departments.  They hire off this list, each department will ask for a set of names. It is usually ten names for each slot that they are hiring for. The two major departments are Birmingham Police and Jefferson County Deputy, they usually hire between 50 to 75 none apost officers off this list. Most of the smaller dept's will only hire apost officers due to the cost and time of training. All the departments in the area require that you sign a 2 to 3 year contract. If you break it to work as a police officer some where else you will have to pay for the whole amount of training. They will not pro-rate it.  Birmingham police academy is 20 to 24 weeks and 16 weeks of field training, and then you are on the street. Jefferson County is 14 weeks and 4 years working the jail, and then you will roll out and do 12 weeks of field training.  You will then hit the street with a take home car. Average starting pay is $15 with no degree.  If you stay around the top out pay is 50k. The extra jobs are $25 to $35 hour, which can be worked after you get your first year in.  
Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#2]
try Greenville PD. and on the exam. u got to lie. if a 80 year old woman steals food to feed her family but pays it back later kind of deal. throw her to the wolves. if u take a ink pen from work yes its stealing. answer like this and ull pass it. i had to lie my ass off and i passed w/ colors. my sgt. told me this same stuff. hope this helps
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Brother,
Come to Anniston, we will take almost anybody that can pass the civil service test and is not a drug dealer.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#4]
either of you have an application that you can mail me? one for greenville and one for anniston?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top