Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 5:25:41 PM EDT
I'm sitting here watching an episode of COPS, and curiosity struck me.  When some fool decides to run from the police, and he has passengers in the car, what happens to them(the passengers) when he inevitabley gets caught? Assuming they dont have 10 illegal guns on them or a kilo of cocaine in their pockets, have they committed a crime by just being in the car with some jerk that decides to run from the law?

Thanks in advance guys!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, as long as they just sit there and do everything the nice policeman tells them to do they're going home. However the kind of people who run from the cops rarely go out for late night drives with the kind of people who volunteer for the local neighborhood watch, so it's usually not a big surprise to find some contraband and maybe clear up a few warrants when all is said and done.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Nope, as long as they just sit there and do everything the nice policeman tells them to do they're going home. However the kind of people who run from the cops rarely go out for late night drives with the kind of people who volunteer for the local neighborhood watch, so it's usually not a big surprise to find some contraband and maybe clear up a few warrants when all is said and done.

Haha, understood and thanks for the response.  I've been wondering about this for a while.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Unless you are in southern CA and the officer tells you to get up...........
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:21:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
well based on my observations from watching COPS - If you're wearing a shirt you are not a perp but if you are shirtless you are obviously a badguy.

Someone pass me my detective shield already!

That's how it works around here.  Or so it seems.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:07:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
well based on my observations from watching COPS - If you're wearing a shirt you are not a perp but if you are shirtless you are obviously a badguy.

What about the guy that was wearing a shirt that said "I didn't do it!"?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:10:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Shirtless
Tank top and backwards hat
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:13:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shirtless
Tank top and backwards hat

yup, wearing the ole wife beater

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#9]
If they guy sits there and is cooperative and has not hand in the action of the driver, he is free to go.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:36:17 PM EDT
[#10]
FI'd, bitched out for hanging with dirtbags, then let loose.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What about the guy that was wearing a shirt that said "I didn't do it!"?

Or the guy wearing the shirt with "GOT METH?"
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not a betting guy but if the passengers all came up w/ID(or not),n'if you did'nt Draw Down on the officer you'd probabally be OK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top