Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 7:49:50 PM EDT
Could use some advice.About 6 months ago my sister-in-law and her boyfriend were living with me and my wife.They break up,she moves back home and he goes out of state.He shows up on my doorstep this afternoon asking if he still has clothes and his drivers license here  I say,she packed everything up and moved it.He ask's for her # and mine in case she won't talk to him he could work through me to get his stuff.I had an odd feeling about him showing up months later just for clothes but I figure No big deal right,standard boy loses girl bullshit and he's just trying to get back with her.Then as were talking he makes mention of a friend who got ripped off at gun point who want's payback. Alarms go off in my head,he knows I have guns,lot's of them.I got the distinct impression I was being cased.My safe is a cheapie,no real detterent.Maybe i'm paranoid but do you think it's something to mention to my local P.D. ? I mean there's nothing substantial really just a really bad vibe.Opinions on how to proceed?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Change the locks...he may have made a spare when he lived there.

l_r
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:36:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Have someone hold your guns for a while or be creative in hiding them.  If you have good relations with the neighbors, advise them to keep an eye out for the next few weeks.

Sounds suspicious to me............
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:42:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a pretty small town and the Police  know iv'e got guns from me dropping of my C&R license paperwork.Couldn't hurt to give them a heads up.I think i'll leave some cheapies in the safe and stash the rest,my house is over a hundred years old,lot's of nooks and crannies.Hopefully,if it comes to that, the safe occupies them.Thanks to all who responded.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top