Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 8:28:12 AM EDT

Just wondering...

Has any particular event ever made you say "this makes it worth all the other BS"?

Any real bad boy you arrested, or life you saved?  Maybe something else entirely?

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#1]
 The bad stuff comes to mind much easier than the good things.  I must really need a vacation.  

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:44:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I responded to a 911 hang up one time.  Dispatchers said on call back no answer, so I figured just another routine 911 hang up.  I went showed up at the residence, knocked at the door with no answer.  I walked around to the back door, was able to look inside and saw a 11 yoa boy lying on the floor, not breathing.  Long story short got EMS there, started CPR and we saved him.  He had chocked on something and couldnt get it back up.  Oh yeah parents were upstairs sleeping.  Nice huh.  If I remember correctly children services had dealings with them after.

But moral to the story is always check your 911 hang ups, I know some guys that will get a phone number and just call it.  But I always go check cuz it takes 2 seconds and you never know what your gonna find.

Be Safe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top