Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 11:04:24 AM EDT
I bought a Bushmaster Varminter last year to use at work. I am a designated marksman for my police department.  I have come to the realization that it is TOO big for my expectations of what I need an AR for. I deployed the other night on a barricade and was positioned approximately 40 yards from the front of the house with a 308 PSS and again I was wishing for something a little handier with a lower powered scope.  This rifle would be carried in my unit in a GOOD hardcase and also deployed in my duties a shift sergeant.  
I have decided that I want something with a 16" barrel and a 1.5x6 scope or similar, etc. Basically either a RECCE style rifle or a copy of  Dave Lauck's Perimeter Carbine(16" Varmint rifle with a low mount scope and lights on the forend).
I have talked with Bushmaster and was told that I can send my upper in an that they will fit a 16" V match barrel to it and retain the varminter forearm. This would be the cheapest way out ad would leave a lot of room to mount lights, etc.
  I have also looked at model 1's 16" varmint upper and have thought of it.
  I have also considered a Dissipator A-3 Upper and adding a BUIS and a free floated rail, hand grip, bipod, etc as funds permit and later if neccessary an aftermarket barrel.

I would appreciate any replies from LEO that may use or have thought of this same type of weapons system.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
This is what I use for the same objective, I also have an Acog to put on it depending on the situation

I used to use this one also, it worked out pretty good also
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]
This is what I carry in my patrol vehicle for when I don't have the time/need for my whole system. Grab and go, ready at all times. For what it's worth, that is a M1S's 16" Varmint upper and it is a tack driver.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top