Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 10:05:53 PM EDT
Is there such a thing? I have a thin pair of Hatch gloves (postal gloves actually) that are great for range of movement, but they aren't warm enough in the really cold nights. On the other hand (no pun intended) I have a pair of leather gloves with thinsulate lining, and they are plenty warm, but I'd feel better w/ something that allows more movement. I can shoot with them, but I'm a little clumsier.

I've seen some thin gloves w/ material like my Hatch pair, but not sure if they are any better.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:03:00 AM EDT
[#1]
www.copsplus.com/prodnum5222.php

Ive been wearing a pair of these for 3 weeks now & I'm happy with them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:48:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:15:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link worked for me, they are the Blackwater neoprene insulated gloves for like $24.00
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:05:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been wearing the hatch neoprene gloves for several years now and they're definitely not great in cold weather.  I went to the surplus store and bought a cheap pair if fleece mittens (the type with half fingers and a mitten hood that folds down over your fingers) and I wear those over the hatch gloves.  I've spent several hours in them laying on the ground during SWAT callouts and they've kept my hands pretty warm.  I could sneak just my trigger finger out from under the hood when necessary.  I think I paid around $15 for the mittens.

Probably not a great idea for daily patrol work but if you're have to be outside for long periods in the cold for traffic details or similair, might work for you too.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:58:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Good dexterity and warmth are hard to get together in a LE glove.

Luckily, I found a fine example.
Note: they are not as grey in real life. They are actually almost all black. The material around the thumb and index is a tacky material. These gloves are designed for cold weather golfing with "Therma-Fit" material used.

Google this phrase:

"Nike Cold weather Golf gloves"

They are perfect for shooting (I have done so, over 500 rounds..) and I have enough feeling and dexterity with them on to punch in my door code at my PD on the small ass keypad. I can also 10 digit dial on my small ass cell phone with ease. They will work well down to 20 degrees for up to 2 hours. (Tested, directing traffic on the interstate at 3.30 am~

They sell for 17-20 bucks and are available at EVERY golf store and most Sports Authority and Academy/Oshmans stores.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:36:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know if these would be warm enough for you on a cold night but I have been very impressed with mine.  They are pretty warm and I can still pick up quarters off the ground.  The cost is a little high but if you are near a store that stocks them (REI or other bicycle stores) I strongly suggest trying a pair on.

Pearl Izumi Gloves
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top