Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 5:33:45 AM EDT
My Commander came to me and asked me to decide what rain gear to purchase for the troops. He said he does not want the cheep crap that gets trashed in one season but at the same time $$ is always an issue. He wants a reversible, black on one side and yellow on the other, so we can use them when we want to be seen and when we do not.

From the research I have done so far I like the Blauer 9690 featherweight raincoat and the 733 reversible raincoat. Does anyone use either of these or have any suggestions?

TIA
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I use a blauer gortex.  Yes expensive, however you really get what you pay for with this one.  No regrets.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:16:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good so far. How about reflective striping on the yellow side? Hi-viz lime green w/ reflective striping?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Reflective striping on the yellow side is SOP from Blauer.

Anyone else got an idea?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a fan of the Blauer rain gear that we use.  Black for normal duty, and flipside is neon yellow for traffic duty.  department logos are also done in reflective lettering to help with visability.  Gortex does a great job on these jackets, but the Blauer ones could breath a little better.  Kinda gets uncomfortable in the hot summers here in DC if it's raining.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top