Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2006 1:09:38 PM EDT
I had the delightful experience of having a sr officer say "go get your car to put this guy in it".  He was no dummy.
Well, believe it or not, this guy spewed vomit over the whole back end of my car. Under the seats, on the cage and filled up the door handle.   I drove back to the station with all the windows down and my head hanging out my window like a Lab retriever.
I had to clean and decontaminate it.  I used a body fluid solidifier to make it fuse together.

My Lt. said we ought to out source this job.   I couldn't agree more.   I did a good job getting it clean because we share cars, and I always hate getting one that has blood or some other stuff on the back seat.  It took me off the street for aprox 2.5 hrs.

How do you guys do it?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I usually wipe it up with the guy who made the mess.

Then hose it out, following up with a bleach job.

What is this fluid solidifier you speak of?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Take the car to Autobell
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Inmate workers at the local jail.  24/7 service.  They volunteer on clean up crews and get perks for doing it while they serve their time.  Best barf and piss crew around.

Our sentenced inmate "work project" in leiu-of-jail time program also has a vehicle clean up crew.  

NorCal

Exactly what we do also.  The Trustees clean the car while we are booking the prisoners.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Inmate workers at the local jail.  24/7 service.  They volunteer on clean up crews and get perks for doing it while they serve their time.  Best barf and piss crew around.

I really like this one. Might suggest it.

Glad we have the plastic seats and a shield that makes a good seal so we can open both doors and get the hose out.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#6]
How do I deal with bark in my cruiser?

"Come here, Rookie....and bring a rag."
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys - this makes me never want to take a cab ride again .
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I usually wipe it up with the guy who made the mess.

Then hose it out, following up with a bleach job.

What is this fluid solidifier you speak of?

http://www.medco-school.com/Supply/Product.asp?Leaf_Id=53376M
Called Red Z or something like that.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Exactly what we do also.  The Trustees clean the car while we are booking the prisoners.

OK, I can see locking your pistol in a locker instead of in the trunk of your car, but don't you have a shotgun or rifle in your car?  Just how trusted are the trustees at the jail you use?  Scary...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I just hit the phone and call the service.  They have an hour to respond to the phone call and they show up and clean 'er right up.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Well all i can say is I love having my own K-9 cruiser now that is all mine and no one elses and i get to take it home and it stays in a nice warm garage and is always clean.  The bad part is if i transport i have to do it in the front.  But if i have to transport a drunk that might puke or piss i think i call another car, haha.  I dotn want anyone getting my brand new cruiser dirty.

We bring our cars to the FD and hose them out really good, then put a crap load of bleach too it.  Stinks after
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, I can see locking your pistol in a locker instead of in the trunk of your car, but don't you have a shotgun or rifle in your car?  Just how trusted are the trustees at the jail you use?  Scary...

The rifles are in a lock but more importantly we hand the keys to the cruiser to a Jailer and he watches the Trustee while it gets cleaned up.  The Trustees never touch the car keys for obvious reasons and the Trustee never leaves the Jailer's sight.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:54:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How do I deal with bark in my cruiser?

"Come here, Rookie....and bring a rag."

What was it the crusty veteran officer told me when I got off FTO?  "You catch it, you clean it."

Those will be the words coming out of my mouth if anybody other than a Sgt., Capt. or Chief tells me to clean their car.....

Brian
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#14]
When I worked for an SO the trustees cleaned it up but now I work for a PD and I do the cleaning. We have a shopvac, waterhose and Pinesol cleaner. At least the car smells good when I'm done.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
We bring our cars to the FD and hose them out really good, then put a crap load of bleach too it.  

+1

I have take-home car, so my responibility.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:30:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:43:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Our sentenced inmate "work project" in leiu-of-jail time program also has a vehicle clean up crew.  

NorCal

Prisoners or community service workers are NOT allowed inside our squads to work. Floormats, pedals & steering wheels mysteriously get the armor-all treatment. No good.

We use one of two local professional cleaning services: One's Servicemaster, the other's called - get this - "Crime Scene Cleaners" They come out the day we call them, for cleaning up any biohazards in squads, whether blood, puke or other.  I'm sure it's not cheap, but it gets done right.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:01:40 AM EDT
[#18]
We take them to the local car wash. The do the usual upholstery cleaning. It seems they are used to cleaning out "pukeee" cars as more than a few customers come through on Monday with "leftovers" from friday or saturday night.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:13:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:44:53 PM EDT
[#20]
We had  an officer who had puke in her car and was told by the sgt to "hose out the inside".  She promptly took it to the do-it-yourself type carwash near the PD and used the HIGH PRESSURE HOSE to spray out the puke.  

Needless to say her squad spent a day at the detailers getting all the blown around puke out of it, then off to the radio shop to get all the electronics cleaned up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:20:47 AM EDT
[#21]
One of our guys had his buddies at the Fire Station "hose out his car"  Radio=Kaput, Interior of car=giant biohazard superfund site.  
Talk about stirring the pot.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:01:19 AM EDT
[#22]
That's what trustees at the jail are for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top