Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2005 6:36:17 AM EDT
So I stopped this bozo. I knew he had a felony Ag. Stalking warrant from a nearby city. The vehicle he was driving registered to a "Al". This guy's name I knew was "Fred".

Well, some quick background.  I confirmed "Fred's" warrants before the stop. He has;

- Felony warrant as desribed
- Criminal Misd. FAC warrant
- Currently suspended 4x. At least 5 previous suspensions
- DWLS 2x prior
- Two previous DWIs (OWIs as we call it in MI)
- And an added bonus of an "OFFICER SAFETY WARNING" that appeared on my in-car terminal. "Fred" is 6'2" 240lbs

I spotted his vehicle outside a local shithole and laid in wait (I have a black Intrepid slicktop. so i was low profile).

Anyway, because I informed dispatch of my ninja gig, I had the world as back up. As I approached him on the stop (totally surrounded BTW), I could smell the booze a within 3 ft of him. I asked him his name, "Uhhh, my name's "Al" (slurred ofcourse). I said are you sure its not "Fred"?  ..."No man, my name is AL dude!"

He kept it up; "No no no, it's AL, and I'm not doing shit until I talk to my atterny". I said fine, call him. which he did and he gets the answering machine. It went like this; mind you he was QUITE adement about NOT being "Fred";

"Uhhh yea, Bill...This is FRED so&so! These guys are trying to kill me!! Call me back!! Again This is FRED!!"  

Mind you. I know his lawyer, he's a friend of mine. (which after him finding out I stopped him, refused to represent him). The lawyer called me the next day and said; "yea, I knew he had given you a wrong name because when he ID'd himself on the message, I could hear about 5 cops in the background laughing their asses off!"

Thank God bad guys are dumb!  Well, it was a good pop. I thought it was funny. My wording doesn't do it justice. But the video is a definate runner up for Funniest Videos. BTW I was bought  dinner & drinks because everybody hates this guy. And the warrant holding agency offered me some drinks too.

He also refused any sobriety, or breat tests. I had to draw a warrant. It took myself & 3 hospital security dudes to hold him down for a blood draw.

To some it up, here's what he got;
-Operatin While Intoxicated 3rd (a felony)
-Obstructing (high misd)
-DWLS (misd)
-His felony warrant
-and as an added bonus; a 4pnt PBT refusal cival infraction. SUCKS TO BE HIM!!

Oh well, I'm bored. Thought I'd share.

ANYBODY HAVE ANY SIMILAR STORIES TO SHARE????
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:39:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had quite a few folks lately trying to remember the personal info of another person.

A quick criminal history check provides information that is damn near impossible for a person to know roadside in order to pull off the scam.  Here in Florida we can get DL photos as well as a history of all their DL/ID photos ever taken while roadside through the Driver and Vehicle Information Database, known as DAVID.

I have arrested three in the past two months that knew an impressive amount of personal information of another, but not enough to fool me .

Information from DAVID, as well as information form a Criminal History Report, arms me with enough "stuff" to defeat even the most experienced ID misrepresentation artist.  Even when dispatch has "computer problems", I have figured out a way to get the information, just takes a few more minutes.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#2]
A good trick I like is when they give you a false name, have them write it on a piece of paper. Anotherwords "write your name on this". and when you find out their true ID,....BAM! ya now have a great piece of physical proof of them providing false info to a PO to put in the case file.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:21:51 AM EDT
[#3]
We get that all the time. Get calls from the street units for someone requesting xport  (usually trying to go to the ER thinking they can skip from there). We show up and copy the info off the officer's field card.

We get inside the rig, an start asking them question. It's amazing how many times the BG will say "uhh, wait a minute... I told the po-po my name is Al, but it's really Fred".

Of course, even though we have HIPPO (sp. intentional to portray a slow, cumbersome, and easily irritating animal) to worry about, it's amazing how my PD brothers can read over my shoulder while we're BS'ing at the ER...
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Butt hippo is such a cute animal!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:42:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Of course, even though we have HIPPO (sp. intentional to portray a slow, cumbersome, and easily irritating animal) to worry about, it's amazing how my PD brothers can read over my shoulder while we're BS'ing at the ER...

You're a good man
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:41:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I booked a guy a couple of months ago, who upon being stopped and asked for his ID, told the officer that he had none.  The officer asked his name and DOB and was given Joe Scumbag 01-01-01.  Well the officer goes back to his car and runs the guy through TCIC (which is no where near as nice as FL's DAVID) and he came back wanted out of our county for a probation violation on a felony charge.  The officer walks back to the car and tells Joe Scumbag thats he has a warrant and that he's going to jail.  Scumbag gets the bracelets and the ride.

Once he comes to jail he begins to get a little "uneasy" about being there.  Well I picked up on his "uneasyness" and figured he had dope, but he didn't. When the arresting officer makes an exit to go and get the warrant confirmation the is the converstion that insues.

JS: Hey man can I talk to you about something?

Me: Sure, what is it

JS: I'm not who they say I am.

Me: Thats nice, not gonna get you out of jail

JS: No really man, I gave the officer my brother's information

Me: You did, why?

JS: I think I have warrants

Me: Gimme your correct info and I'll check

Turns out our evil crime genious had no warrants.  If he would have told the truth he would have gotten a ticket and been on his way. He traded a ticket for Fail to Identify-Providing False or Ficticious Information, a Class B misd in Tx.

Idiots
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:42:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a DWI stop where the guy actually shuffled his false ID's in front of me searching for one that would fit the occasion.   He ended up giving me the real one, but he had 7 total, including two females,
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Write the guy for anything, and when he signs the summons, BAM!!!!  Forging a public Document, a felony!  
Thanks, Dumbass!

From Tombstone.....
"Whats worng with him?"

"Lunger"

"Yeah?  Well... I hope you die!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top