Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 8:51:24 AM EDT
 Hey everybody, just wanted to get some info from you.  How many of you work in a jail/prison that has a K9 unit on the premesis?  The reason I ask is because my CO friend came to me last night and was wondering if I could help him put together a proposal to get a K9 unit on staff.    He'd actually like a drug dog and a tracking dog if he could convince the locality to fund it.  I wasn't sure where to begin so I'm just trying to guage how many other agencies out there actually have a dog on site.  Thanks in advance.  MJD  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:00:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Will do.  Thanks Striker!  MJD
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Federal down in Miami. No regular K-9, but Dade County and others come in with their dogs on an "irregular" basis to train and when requested.    Stay safe
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a decent season down here. Living and working in snow/ice would be REAL different for me.
FWIW, I was born in Burlington, VT,  but moved at 1 yr old. Skied at Whistler a couple of times, though. Where in Canada are you? I'll ask about a swap, but it'll have to be after hurricane season ... 4 affected us last year and Katrina and Rita have both kept us busy/done some damage so far.
Stay safe
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#7]
When needed we have the Provincial Police bring their mutts in....
In 15 years I've never seen those pooches find a goddamn thing...
Does little more than put a bit of a scare into the inmates who may be holding, but 'round here it's usually just weed...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:15:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does little more than put a bit of a scare into the inmates who may be holding, but 'round here it's usually just weed...

I bet you hear lots of toilets flushing though!

We used to just shut the water off to the cells.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet you hear lots of toilets flushing though!

We used to just shut the water off to the cells.

Yeah... The old "dry cell" trick... what a pain in the ass.
I say let 'em flush it... less paperwork
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:14:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Here in westchester county n.y. we use the county police drug dog when we do a tactical search operation.Our dept is too cheap to fund our own k-9 so we had to improvise.our union even filed a grivence to shut it down thinking the dept would fund our own k-9 unit but it backfired and they pulled the plug on the whole program for a while ,but has since been re-enstated since the union lost the grievence.its fun to here all the toilets flush when the dog comes in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top