Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 4:53:38 PM EDT
I just had a departmental meeting today and was told to prepare for duty starting Thursday, 12 hours shifts. We were advised that I45 will be closed to exitting traffic once your on it, you can't get off exept various exits for gas/food only which will be controlled. Galveston is already activated it's EOC and called for voluntary evacuations. Anyone else have any news? we are preparing for the worst in my midsized city.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#1]
My dept has cancelled all scheduled time off and everyone is to be on call if it's your normal RDO's.  That's about it so far.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:59:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, days off cancelled, and on 12 hour shifts. Once the storm hits, we're stuck until it clears.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I got nights 7p to 7am until who knows when. I start Thursday night.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
We will be on standby starting Saturday. We are a little farther inland (65 miles NW of San Antonio), but the pointy heads have predicted that if it hits anywhere in the Corpus area, we are going to have some pretty serious flooding from the Guadalupe river.

Had all of our patrol cars and portable radios reprogrammed with the 8 new statewide channels. Three are LE, three are Fire, one is Med, and the last is Air. You guys have those yet?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I have not heard of the radios being reprogrammed. I work in Dickinson, just north of Galveston. Hell if it's as bad as they say it mioght be our radios won't even work. We are on a 800mghz trunked system and only have 2 radios towers for the whole county
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Stand by for IM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top