Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 5:32:47 PM EDT
Came up in the Survival Forum.

I haven't trained or encountered ANY agencies that still field an alcohol-based OC carrier since oh...the late 90s.

If you are carrying an alcohol-based OC, what brand and why?

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#1]
No alcohol base carrier for me.  Too much makes more paperwork.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
We don't either. As a matter of fact, the NYPD incident is mentioned in our training manual.

Nothing like doing the "Richard Pryor" eh?

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"I dunno Sarge. We sprayed him, tazed him and now he's run'n down Broadway all lit up! "

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#6]
When you're running down the street
On fire
People WILL get out of your way!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
When you're running down the street
On fire
People WILL get out of your way!

Yeah...no kidding.  I hear they also do when they're below you on the flight of stairs you're currently falling down, with your MP5 off-safe.
Wonder who moves faster?

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#8]
 We use capstun spray, very good stuff.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I prefer the taser over oc.  Still carry both but just the sight of the taser makes most folks around here think very hard about what their next move will be.  In the past month since patrol was issued them we have used then zero times.  Damm close but everyone had a change of heart so far.

I was told that a agency near me may be have alcohol base OC.  I'l confirm it and get back to you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
 We use capstun spray, very good stuff.

My department carries that as well.  We don't use tasers as of yet, so the flamabiltity issue hasn't come up.  Although, I guess I might have to OC someone while they're smoking a cigarette...
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:33:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I prefer the taser over oc.  Still carry both but just the sight of the taser makes most folks around here think very hard about what their next move will be.  In the past month since patrol was issued them we have used then zero times.  Damm close but everyone had a change of heart so far.

I was told that a agency near me may be have alcohol base OC.  I'l confirm it and get back to you.

Oh...absolutely on the taser.  Ride the lightning!

I'd be real curious to hear if that agency is indeed using an alc.-carrier O.C.....man, that's like stone-age shit now.

Fox is my favorite OC.  I've been hosed with it all...DefTec, Sabre, Capstun....Fox hands down is the worst in my book.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:37:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Our SO and PD both have tasers.  Both have already been sued.....
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:35:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Its use of force, of course some people will be sued.  It's also fairly new to both the LEOs and the public so the image of the taser is being dragged into the media.  I had one guy tell me it was unfair to taser someone instead of getting into a good old fashion fist fight.  .  When OC first came out some people were sued for useing it too.  It being cruel and all.

Remember when OC scared people , now its only seems to work for playing jokes on other LEOs.  A little spray on the toilet, little spray in the quad vents, bike officers love it on the handle bars.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:16:07 AM EDT
[#14]
we use a water based spray since we got TASERS. Our training manager did a little "experiment" out in the parking lot with our old al-kee-hol based spray. let's just say that the stuff IS flammable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top