Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2005 3:02:25 PM EDT
The Arkansas DOC called me 3 weeks ago to offer me a job.  Well my wife at least saved the message instead of deleting it and not telling me about it.   She doesnt wan't me to take it because "prison guards have no chances for advancement" which I know is BS, and she says "corrections won't help you get on a PD" which I'm 98% sure is BS.  Pays about 27k which is good pay for Arkansas and it has great benefits.  Seeing as how we are probably about to get a divorce anyway (to believe her threats), what do ya'll think?  Will it help me get into LE?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I think her biggest hang up is that I'd be working at the same unit that her ex husband got fired from.  She still says though that I should get into LE if I want too.  What fucking room for advancement is their in LE.  Chief of a city dept in 35 years?  IF I get lucky enough not to have my rep ruined by shooting someone in the line of duty that was genuwine threat to society. Or get shot myself. and get lucky enough to NEVER have a civilian file a complaint against me, yeah right.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I say won't hurt either.
The "won't help get on with a PD thing" is BS, it does help. Several of our best deputies came from the jail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top