Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 4:12:05 PM EDT
Just got the news today...My Dept has Approved my Smith & Wesson 99/.40 for duty carry.

I've got to come up with a ballistic nylon duty holster pronto.  I know that Bianchi makes a couple, but they are usualy special order items, that take a month to get.

I'm a County Jailer/dispatcher and as such the holster is going to ride empty 75% of the time in the jail , but I'll be using the S&W 99 for transfers and court....so I'll be getting in and out of dispatch desk chairs and tiny Court room seats, quite a bit and would like something fairly slim line, that rides close to the body (That lets out Uncle Mikes line of duty holsters.) I'm not looking for a pancake holster here, but a true buty belt holster.

There was one other major LEO holster maker, that was making a whole lot of 99 duty holsters, but I'm having a mental block and can't remember, who they were?

What say ye AR15.com LEO hivemind?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a huge fan of the safariland hooded holsters. I can't say enough good things about my 6280.
I don't think that model will fit your needs as you'd like though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#2]
DESANTIS!!!.....That's the maker I was trying to remember, where, I'd seen lots of  S&W 99 holsters.

Now All I've got to figure out is Hi-ride vs Low-Ride.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top