Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2005 3:04:30 PM EDT
Last night I arrested a 17yo juvenile whose dad was a firefighter.  She was driving her own 2004 Mercedes coupe.  When dad arrived to take custody of her he rolled up in a 2005 Mercedes coupe.  Address on her driver's license is a neighborhood where homes start at about $750,000.00!
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Must have married some $.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Must have married some $.

Nope, trophy wife.  I'm guessing he has a contractor gig or such the 20 days a months he's not waxing his benz at the fire station?
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Lottery winner perhaps?  Too bad about the kid however.  Seems like something got missed while he was busy aquiring material things....... like keeping his kids on the straight and narrow and out of the slam.  Unless this was a bs charge.  

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#4]
You know...there are days when I SERIOUSLY consider testing for a local FD.

..as long as they dont let me drive.  I tend to ding-up marked vehicles.  I'm sure they'd frown on me wadding up a 500K engine...

ETA: DAMMIT!  Post 223!  grrrrrr

Sheep
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Sheeit... no FF I know makes enough to buy bubbie her own Merc... And the guys with contracting buzinesses on the side sure wouldn't splurge like that.

Of course, I work with a bunch of cheapskate depression era grandbabies, so we're lucky they don't just "freshen" the coffee grounds and send 'em through again in the morning.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#6]
That don't hold true on this side of the island.
Firefighters in NC have to work longer than Police to reach retirement age, plus the cops have a higher multiplier, and they got way better benefits when they do.
Plus the disability benefits are outstanding, better than FF's again.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 9:37:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Seems like something got missed while he was busy aquiring material things....... like keeping his kids on the straight and narrow and out of the slam.  Unless this was a bs charge.  

Nothing too serious. possession of her adult sisters ID, open container, marijuana possession, driving under the influence marijuana, ect.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Firefighters in NC have to work longer than Police to reach retirement age, plus the cops have a higher multiplier, and they got way better benefits when they do.

Here in IL non LOD disability pension starts at day 1 for PD, and after seven years for FF's... of course, the PD pension multiplier is 8.27, and FF's are 7.86

Retirement for both is 50% @ 20, 80% @ 30, must be 50 to collect, 3%/year COLA after 52.

Hell, I'd rather pay the extra to have coverage from day one, but sheeit, I'm vested now, baby... (OK, for 3+ years)
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 11:42:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
..as long as they dont let me drive.  I tend to ding-up marked vehicles.  I'm sure they'd frown on me wadding up a 500K engine...
Sheep

Dont worry, they get banged up too..........

Not that I would know or anything like that
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 6:11:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You know...there are days when I SERIOUSLY consider testing for a local FD.

ETA: DAMMIT!  Post 223!  grrrrrr

Sheep

The first week we had our new ladder truck,102 footer, one of the guys was showing off  to a city councilman.   He was tellling him how easy it was to drive, easy t omove around the downtown area etc.  He hooked the front bumper on a light pole.   Bent it in half...$1100 cha ching!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 6:59:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Dont forget the 401k contribution from the employer that police get here.  If they lowered the years of service retirement qualification  from 30 to 25 for firefighters, the teachers would complain.  The push is for a higher multiplier, and less concentration on pushing for the 25 years.  We'll see.....

Link Posted: 7/25/2005 9:12:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dont forget the 401k contribution from the employer that police get here.  If they lowered the years of service retirement qualification  from 30 to 25 for firefighters, the teachers would complain.  The push is for a higher multiplier, and less concentration on pushing for the 25 years.  We'll see.....

We have 25 yr retirement in Charlotte, plus the city throws 1% into 401K for us. My wife is a federal employee and I still have better benefits than her.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 10:26:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The first week we had our new ladder truck,102 footer, one of the guys was showing off  to a city councilman.   He was tellling him how easy it was to drive, easy t omove around the downtown area etc.  He hooked the front bumper on a light pole.   Bent it in half...$1100 cha ching!!

I feel your pain..... I don't think that we had our new Quint a week before the Assistant Chief
was showing off the new stick, the remoted nozzle, etc. Brought it down to stow it w/o making sure
that the nozzle was deployed straight... BOINK!

Big ol' dent in the roof! Last I checked, it was still there, as it was going to cost more to get it fixed
than we figured it was worth. We call it "Rob's pool" from the water that pools there, in his honor.

ETA: AR15fan - I KNOW that wasn't Loudoun County that FF was working for, to make that kinda change!
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
ETA: AR15fan - I KNOW that wasn't Loudoun County that FF was working for, to make that kinda change!

He was either OC or LA county, I didnt ask though.  Those guys easily make over $100,00.00 a year.  Much more if its a bad wildfire season.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#15]
24 years as a FF I allways had a side business going.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
24 years as a FF I allways had a side business going.

Most here do too.  They only work about 6 days a month (24 hour shifts), so plenty of time.  Plus you can write that $40,000 truck off for a business expense if you have a pool cleaning or contracting business.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:04:15 PM EDT
[#17]

We have 25 yr retirement in Charlotte, plus the city throws 1% into 401K for us. My wife is a federal employee and I still have better benefits than her.

Right, I was speaking from the state standpoint.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#18]
30 years here. talking about getting us leos but the sheriff wont sign off on it but he is out in 2.5 years so hopefuly the new one will. hell im lucky i can afford my 2001 gmc jimmy witch i bought used. i can hardly afford to pay attention. $220 just for insurence for my little one, that hurts. thinking of going pd but im getting old(26) and feeling older every day.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
30 years here. talking about getting us leos but the sheriff wont sign off on it but he is out in 2.5 years so hopefuly the new one will. hell im lucky i can afford my 2001 gmc jimmy witch i bought used. i can hardly afford to pay attention. $220 just for insurence for my little one, that hurts. thinking of going pd but im getting old(26) and feeling older every day.

What????  26 is OLD?

Dude, I left Chicago PD at 33 after 12 years to go to an agency in AZ.

You're a still a young pup.  Old guys like me need you to chase shitbags over fences and such.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Try $130,000.00 a year,but at least I didn't write my new Hummer H1 off.

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was either OC or LA county, I didnt ask though.  Those guys easily make over $100,00.00 a year.  Much more if its a bad wildfire season.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#21]
hmm, there was a party I tagged along to in very "up scale" part of town...

guy was a cop, had a HUGE house in this neighborhood, Hummer, Corvette and Harley in the garage,
full 5.1 dolby home theatre, pool table and swiming pool out back with a koi pond right next to it. this was a VERY up scale place.... all on a cop's salary?????
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Payments, shell game.......no real money.  Looks are often deceiving when people are mortgaged, second mortgaged, and third mortgaged up to their eyeballs.  Poster is in CA.  That is the official way of life, there..........  

Maybe he made money flipping houses, but then again, he is a firefighter>>>>
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top