Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 11:27:48 AM EDT
In all your time of service, when was the last time you actully drew your sidearm and why? Is it true that the longer your on the force the less you draw your sidearm? Are LEO allowed to carry hollow points? How long can you be on the force before you retire and does military time count?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
In all your time of service, when was the last time you actully drew your sidearm and why?

Whenever the situation dictates, training has changed a lot in the last 20 years.   What was the case years ago, is not as it is now.

Quoted:
Is it true that the longer your on the force the less you draw your sidearm?

No,  times have changed, actually violence actioins by suspects have increased.  It seems that I draw my weapon more than 20 years ago.  Again training has changed to reflect the changes.

Quoted:
Are LEO allowed to carry hollow points?

What our Dept. authorizes...we carry 165 gr Gold Dot 40 S&W

Quoted:
How long can you be on the force before you retire and does military time count?

In my Dept. we don't have the standard 20 yrs or 25 years and retire on a pension.  As long as we can perform the duties we can work.   Military exp. doesn't count.

Sounds to me like your interested, some of the rumors you have heard and asked are some of the "stories" I heard about before I got into LE...its good to hear that some things never change
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top