Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 7:12:25 PM EDT
Man, I gotta start thinking about driving a desk.

So, this tramp beats up some poor woman and the laundrymart today and takes off, towards the state of K. A few witnesses to the assault follow him and flag down my partner when he arrives in the area (I admire people who do that). My partner gets out and tells the dude to sit down (pending arrival of backup). The tramp goes halfway down then sprints off, my partner giving the foot pursuit out over the radio. I negotiate the traffic and the dude is on the bridge that goes over the Colorado to K. I get out and see my partner tasing the guy, with zero effect. I go into the hands on mode and do the full running tackle thing, unaware of the steep 30-40 ft. ledge that drops off right after the sidewalk ends. All three of us end up going over the ledge and riding the tramp down the hill, eventually putting the handcuffs on once we reached the bottom.

The tramp goes to the hospital and my buddy goes to urgent care for a messed thumb. We both get to fill out blood exposure reports as we both got his blood on our hands, which of course had open wounds. I get to smell like a tramp the entire time (gotta start carrying a spare monkey suit in the trunk) as I got all his funk all over me from the ride.

Anyone else have a decent day?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad you are ok, other than the exposure issue.  I sure hope they followed the proper protocol and tested everyone.  As for my day, spent all day in class.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
First I'd like to say "thanks" for the job you do, AZ.  Sorry about your bad day.  I guess you felt like bathing in chlorine, huh?  Damn bastard tramp.

-yj
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad you are okay.

I got to detain a guy working security for a mall one time, and turned him over to a friend who was a Maricopa County Deputy. I turned around to move my vehicle as it was blocking traffic. I nearly got to my car when I heard all hell breaking loose. My friend let my subject bolt from his custody. They were chasing after this jack rabbit, I jumped into my car and cut him off the long way around. We got him after a 300 yard chase.

I now warn everyone that if given a suspect, Scott will promptly let them run away, then chase them down. I guess he likes the chase more than the capture.

I learned the key to get the smell of death from your uniform from Scott. Regular laundry does not work and  tomato juice doesn't touch it. A large can of Lysol drenched into your uniform then wash as usual works. It might work to remove "homeless-ness" from yours as well.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:54:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Every foot pursuit in the dark I keep thinking of that cop that followed the bad guy over what looked like a median but was really a 20"+ bridge.  Glad to hear you are ok.

On a side note: When I think of "tramp" I thing of a little rascally Charlie Chaplain guy.  We use "homeless" or "transient" or sometimes "urban outdoorsman"... tramp must be an AZ thing.

NorCal
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:29:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Always check your backstop.

I did the samething once and ended up in a drainage ditch in about 2 feet of water.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#7]
"I go into the hands on mode and do the full running tackle thing, unaware of the steep 30-40 ft. ledge that drops off right after the sidewalk ends. "

You haven't mastered the baton toss to the perp's legs, ala TJ hooker, yet?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#8]
So, you fell for her huh ?

What would your dog say ?
ETA: Sorry couldn't resist, I'm a good mood 2-nite. Glad your ok.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top