Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 6:16:21 PM EDT
usextraditions.com/Not that I was looking for one. I retired from PD and was recently offered a job for prisoner transport. Pending a CCW and armed guard license. Pay is good for Florida and there is plenty of overtime, well thats what I was told. The thing I can't get past is, do I REALLY want to transport prisoners? These are usually pretty long distant transfers, sometimes to different states.

You do get to carry any firearm.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure if I should feel happy or sad for you.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Prisoner trasport is easy money. Congrats on the job!

How much is pay? if it was in Michigan I might think about applying
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:44:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
usextraditions.com/Not that I was looking for one. I retired from PD and was recently offered a job for prisoner transport. Pending a CCW and armed guard license. Pay is good for Florida and there is plenty of overtime, well thats what I was told. The thing I can't get past is, do I REALLY want to transport prisoners? These are usually pretty long distant transfers, sometimes to different states.

You are  retired PD...  Well  the President says you can carry....
Dealing wih the bad guys,  well do you really want to go back to all that?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are  retired PD...  Well  the President says you can carry....
Dealing wih the bad guys, well do you really want to go back to all that?

Thats the $64000.00 question. I'll have to marinate on it. I could always try it, if I don't like it, I'll back my bags and say goodbye.

As far as pay, the first thirty days is 12.00HR. Then it's 14.00HR. And after six months it's 16.00HR. It's decent pay for Florida.

We'll see..............
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:56:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Will you be solo?  
Around here the Sheriffs Deputies do prisoner transport for court and between county buckets and federal prisons.
None are armed.

Hell no!  You work with another person and both are armed and you take no more than five prisoners at a time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:04:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Prisoner trasport is easy money. Congrats on the job!

How much is pay? if it was in Michigan I might think about applying

Till ya have to transport some crazy Frog who offers $1Million to anyone who will break him out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top