Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 11:25:58 AM EDT
Just finished faxing in the paperwork to join this.  I believe it's been discussed here before but can anyone offer any tips to DRMO "shopping" and also any advice on the weapons requests?  Also, how long has it taken those of you whose departments participate to receive items/weapons?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Get National Stock numbers for the items you are looking for, and search by those. Learn the "military" way of naming things and search by name on the website. Check the site daily, because the really good stuff goes very fast. What specific items do you need? Give me some ideas, and I might be able to get you pointed in the right direction.

Weapons are completely separate from the other processes. For normal gear you requisition, it may take a few weeks to show up. Weapons have to go on completely separate paperwork, and you have to pay for the weapons. Those take 2-4 months to arrive.

Think outside of the box. The military has a little bit of everything. Don't just focus on the high-speed stuff; you can get items like office furniture, vehicles, computers and less "sexy" things that  can save your agency thousands of dollars that you can use to buy something else.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:10:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this like the 1122 program that The Goverment Services Administration has? Reason for asking is that I am waiting for  our Sherrifs reserve officer academy to begin and the Chief deputy asked me to do some leg work looking for some info. He reasoned that since i am a DOD employee it should be easier for me to find out some info.  Maybe... maybe not  He is interested in Night Vision, better comms and better vehicles for our rural community.  Is there a website for the Natioanal guard 1033 program? Here is the link for the GSA website if anyone is interested.

www.gsa.gov/Portal/gsa/ep/programView.do?programId=8524&programPage=%2Fep%2Fprogram%2FgsaOverview.jsp&P=7FCB&pageTypeId=8207&ooid=10594&channelId=-12966]Link
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Answered my own Question it's www.dla.mil/j-3/leso/
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:41:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Just to let you know I sent you an IM.

I've been doing it for a few months now, and have gotten some decent gear.  We also have gotten a M14 and are waiting on a M16.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is this like the 1122 program that The Goverment Services Administration has? Reason for asking is that I am waiting for  our Sherrifs reserve officer academy to begin and the Chief deputy asked me to do some leg work looking for some info. He reasoned that since i am a DOD employee it should be easier for me to find out some info.  Maybe... maybe not  He is interested in Night Vision, better comms and better vehicles for our rural community.  Is there a website for the Natioanal guard 1033 program? Here is the link for the GSA website if anyone is interested.

www.gsa.gov/Portal/gsa/ep/programView.do?programId=8524&programPage=%2Fep%2Fprogram%2FgsaOverview.jsp&P=7FCB&pageTypeId=8207&ooid=10594&channelId=-12966]Link

That isn't quite it. The GSA portal shows you stuff that has been through the DOD screening cycles, and excludes most of the good stuff, which is pretty much everything that requires DEMIL. When your agency is signed up, you will get access to a secure website, and can requisition directly through the search page.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:44:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the replies and helpful info.

Natez, I'm really not looking for anything specific, I just thought we might as well attempt to acquire some equipment since our city council sure isn't going to provide anything for us.  

Hollywood, IM back at you.

Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top