Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 9:39:57 PM EDT
My last post topic(Ford Explorer for a Patrol Vehicle?) got me thinking..............

What is your ideal Patrol Vehicle, and how would it be equipped?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:49:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a couple..........

For speed and everyday patrol:
An 04 Crown Vic with a 04 Mustang Cobra motor, supercharged 4.6 DOHC 390h.p. stock, with a few tweaks easily in the 425 h.p.range. Fully marked with low profile LED light bar for less wind resistance at high speeds. Set of custom wheels and performance Z rated tires. Flowmaster exhaust.

For summer fun and winter patrol:
An 04 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 4.0L Automatic, hard top and full hard doors. Light bar with quick disconnect plug and mounting system that would allow you to mount the light bar on the hard top, or when topless, on the rollbar. Mild 4 inch lift with 33's and a warn 9.5ti winch, would also make an excellent D.A.R.E. vehicle. Would be great for patroling durning the summer months with the top and doors off, allowing unrestricted access to the public and the environment. Great for special events such as Fourth of July Parades and Fireworks, Festivals etc.

more to follow................................

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:08:55 PM EDT
[#2]
dodge Magnum Wagon, Hemi powered.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:25:28 PM EDT
[#3]
My all time favorite Patrol Vehicle is the Crown Vic.  It doesn't matter what year model it is, as long as it's a Vic.  I currently drive a '92 vic w/ 156k, ex-PD vehicle, and I love it.  MY ideal patrol vehicle would be a brand new '05 Crown Vic, solid black w/ the ghost striping, no external lightbar, just strobes in all 4 corners, dash & deck lights, preferably LED.  Tinted windows, push bumper, cage, all the works.  When I can afford it I am going to replace the engine and tranny in my vic w/ a new Interceptor, and I am going to go w/ the all black paint job, push bumper, tinted windows, spotlight, etc.  I already have the wig-wags and a LED visor light, but I want to redo the entire car into a slick cruiser.  

As for the Dodge Magnums, I can't stand 'em.  The way I see it, you really need two cages, one behind the front seat, and one to seperate the cargo area.  That and I haven't seen a station wagon cruiser since the ones they used in the 70's for paddy wagons.  If they wanted an excellent cruiser that would practically sweep the market by storm, they should have taken the Intrepid's and used the Hemi in it.  I have several LEO friends that love the Intrepids, very spacious, fast, and handle really well.  That and w/ the proper lighting equipment, they look bad ass.  

Maki
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Im not a LEO but I have owned several PI Vics and they have taken the abuse from me well.  I have been meaning to get another one, no other car seems to go over stuff, take me hitting it and driving crazy as good.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:26:04 AM EDT
[#5]
i'm happy with my '03 Taurus. I think it handles a little better than my old Vic. The city next to us is using the Intrepids. Haven't got a chance to drive one yet.

J
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#6]
My favorite patrol vehicle  is the one I see in my rear view mirror sitting in the station lot as I'm on my way home from another  shift.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#7]
taged
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:03:26 PM EDT
[#8]
We are most likely getting  a Dodge Magnum to replace one of our Impalas. I'll be sure to post pics when it happens. I think I'm going to really like it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Mustang Cobra, who cares about transport....it's all about the pursuit  

If I have to transport I'd go with the Mercury Marauder.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I was thinking more Humvee like in Demolition Man.  I think THAT would be an awsome patrol 'car.'
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:33:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:11:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Best Surveillance Vehicle I ever had was an 1986 Buick Regal T-Type. It was turbo-charged and intercooled and considerably faster than the 5.0 Mustang's that my colleagues drove. Had the same engine as the Buick Regal  Grand Nationals, but without most of the badging.

Best Cruiser I ever had was a 95 Chevy Impala. Fast as hell and plenty of room.

Best every day driver for all round work was a  2000 Nissan Maxima. great for surveillance work, practically invisible, plenty fast enough, reasonably roomy, mechanically bulletproof.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:20:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I loved my old caprice with the LT1 in it. I have never had a faster patrol car. I wish Chevy still made them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top