Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2021 9:07:56 AM EDT
I live on a 2 lane County rd in the boonies, about 4am, i got woke to a loud POS car exhaust,  nothing new but it didn't sound like it was moving past , road is 55mph.

I get up look out window towards road and see this car pull  into  my adjacent property and then go 50 yards thru yard, parallel with road and duck behind large pine tree, obscuring   view from house.

So, I grab surefire and other "implements", and make way over there, about 100+ yards from house,  get close to back of car and they see light and fire up car and haul ass out the way they came.

It seemed they knew that no one lived on the property they were on despite there being a mobile home on it. They went specifically behind tree to not be seen from house. They knew , I'm guessing,  that the driveway they used wasn't blocked or gated per se.

More importantly,  based on yalls experiences,  what would they be up to,  trespassing at 4am ?

The mobile home is empty and there is a pump house on that property so can't see them trying to steal anything.

Thoughts?

* I did call 911 when I got back in, said they'd pass info to day shift, lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:11:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Is there aluminum siding on the mobile home?

If so, they could be sizing it up to strip it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.  If all they did was trespass, then it wouldn't hurt anything.  It's the stuff people do while trespassing that causes the problems.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

Little driveway to right and tree  to left they were behind

Attachment Attached File

Lol, tracks to the right are when they pulled and went around tree to get behind it, tracks to the left are their exit once they seen my light. Hope they fucked their car up, they went thru some pretty thick tree limbs, lol.

Quoted:

View Quote

There is, but ppl are lazy an scrap prices super low, they also really wouldn't know if someone was living in it or not. Its a good guess someone isn't, unless they know me a d this property  but I could've rented it out etc etc

Oddly, I think it was spur-of-the-moment to pull off road,  there are literally thousands of places to go that isn't private property to do whatever they wanted to and not be bothered.

Being they turned car off,means they weren't just turning around.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

That or finding a new club house to squat in as a base of ops for meth cooking, drug use and other nefarious activities...
We see it a lot in the Midwest in the really rural areas...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That or finding a new club house to squat in as a base of ops for meth cooking, drug use and other nefarious activities...
We see it a lot in the Midwest in the really rural areas...
View Quote

Mmmm, good point. I'm trying to get rid of trailer, hope I can , one less "issue" to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#6]
So you went armed on someone else's property... to do what exactly?

ETA: not an expert on Uzbecki trepass laws.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:30:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Car sex, drinking, drug use, theft, robbery, murder

In order of best to worst case. Could you trench the side of the road or add trees to funnel into a driveway that you then gate?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its all my property

I'm working on putting posts in to block driveways
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Doubt it  , they were like 10 feet off main road, they were blocked from house and where was situated   was really out of place. Plus, there are way better places to go fool around
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#11]
It’s possible they were looking for a quiet place to get laid. That said, the time of day makes that much less likely. Out of all the horny couples I have found, none were at that time of the morning.

More likely they were looking for a place to do drugs. If there is stealing to be done in the area, they might have been planning to park and get out and walk around the neighborhood checking doors.

I’d say most likely drugs. That said, getting caught was good for them (actually good for you) and they will likely tell their friends there is a crazy, armed guy who you don’t want to mess with....and they may spread the word to their circle of dopers.

Good job.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#12]
You saved two kids from making a bad decision. Maybe twice, it's been a long time since I was in high school lol

... most people don't do that. They have driven by there before, or the neighborhood talks and says no one lives there.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Another possibility is they had a long night of stealing and were stopped there to sort the nights loot.

Either way, it’s unlikely they were up to innocent shenanigans IMO.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#14]
All good points. Being that car was off means they were gonna sit a spell..hindsight 20/20, I wish I had snuck up and observed more.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:41:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
not around here
maybe pick it up off the ground but never strip it
too much labor

my money is on make out/fuck stop
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#16]
They could be checking out the security of the place, as in sizing it up for possible future "endeavors", or they could be doing a dope deal, using drugs, or a couple looking for somewhere to have some privacy for a romantic encounter, or looking for somewhere to sleep off a drunken state.  They obviously knew they should be there or they wouldn't have taken off when you approached.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:05:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I doubt they’ll be back now that they know it isn’t abandoned.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:24:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Nothing good happens at 4 am.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#20]
dope, screwing, both...or maybe dump their old oil (from the cars on blocks in front of their trailer).

ETA: Way to handle your own shit Op! City folks could learn something from, but dont post if you have to use a shovel after the next trespasser
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Funny story.  About 6 years ago I was up all night studying and wanted to go drive under NV. It was maybe 1am.

I drove about 40 minutes outside the city and got on a nice quiet road. Shut the lights off and started driving. Eventually got to a turn around spot and parked in front of a gate while I sent cool NV pics to my friends via text.

This was extremely rural. Nothing but commercial farms. No houses for at least a mile in either direction. But even still, about 5 minutes into my goofy NV picture sharing adventure someone lit me up with a bright ass green laser. I hauled ass out of there with the lights off as fast as I could.

I always assume the worst, and if I were you OP I’d be sketched out for sure, but sometimes it really isn’t a nefarious actor out to destroy your world. Not saying you shouldn’t treat it as such, but wanted to share for context.

I’ve wondered what those guys were doing out in a commercial farm at 2am on a hot muggy FL weeknight probably as much as they wondered what the blacked out BMW was doing there too.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah sorry about that. Was trying not to wake you up... :)

Have cameras, insurance and call for service next time.

Be safe.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Its all my property

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its all my property

May want to get solar motion building lights that go off with movement.  I’ve got a few at the shop and they help.  Get a game cam just to see who shows up during off hours or when you’re not there.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:37:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Funny story.  About 6 years ago I was up all night studying and wanted to go drive under NV. It was maybe 1am.

I drove about 40 minutes outside the city and got on a nice quiet road. Shut the lights off and started driving. Eventually got to a turn around spot and parked in front of a gate while I sent cool NV pics to my friends via text.

This was extremely rural. Nothing but commercial farms. No houses for at least a mile in either direction. But even still, about 5 minutes into my goofy NV picture sharing adventure someone lit me up with a bright ass green laser. I hauled ass out of there with the lights off as fast as I could.

I always assume the worst, and if I were you OP I’d be sketched out for sure, but sometimes it really isn’t a nefarious actor out to destroy your world. Not saying you shouldn’t treat it as such, but wanted to share for context.

I’ve wondered what those guys were doing out in a commercial farm at 2am on a hot muggy FL weeknight probably as much as they wondered what the blacked out BMW was doing there too.
View Quote

Rural farmland is plumb full of people under NODs with suppressed ARs hunting hogs and coyotes all night long.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top