Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2018 12:57:10 AM EDT
My agency recently switched CAD systems and we will be going to a new RMS system within the next few years. Right now our RMS system is outdated by 30 years, and our "new" CAD program is Motorola Premier One, which is not very user friendly. It seems like with such a large agency as ours and our annual budget I would think that we could have gone to a much better system. A lot of local agencies use OSSI and Smart Cop, to me it would be nice to know what information has on someone when I stop out with them. While this program is better in some ways, it takes more strokes of the key to find things. My question is who else uses this program? Is your agency on a better updated version of the CAD?, I heard that the version we are using is outdated 5 years.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#1]
No help here, we use a CAD, RMS and report writing programs that were developed in house.

But I'll give it a bump.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:18:47 PM EDT
[#2]
We use SmartCop.  PM me if you have questions.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#3]
We use RIMS by Sun Ridge Systems. It is an impressive program.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#4]
If anybody recommends New World Systems - run and run fast and far.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#5]
We have Archonix right now - DO NOT RECOMMEND, awful support and their "updates" always just mess things up, a lot of search functions do not work as they should

We're trying to switch to Zeurcher (now under CentralSquare) next year.  Looks promising, US based customer service, programs themselves look promising.  Zeurcher is meant for small-medium agencies, they have something separate intended for larger agencies.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#6]
We use Motorola CAD. Once you understand how it works, it's actually a pretty good system. I didn't like a couple of the updates over the years but overall, it works just fine.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#7]
We use NexGen. They are a smaller company based out of Connecticut. There have definitely been some growing pains when we transitioned to this system, but the techs have been pretty responsive to our concerns, and they are good at getting back to you. Most of our issues revolved around multi-agency inter-operability, since we were one of their first clients to request that. We were initially looking at SunGuard, but it was double the price. Heard good things about their product from the agencies that went with them.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:46:14 AM EDT
[#8]
We just switched to Motorola Premier 1 last month & holly crap does it suck!!!!!!!  There is not 1 good thing about it.  We were using Zclient, which though outdated, was super easy to use.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We just switched to Motorola Premier 1 last month & holly crap does it suck!!!!!!!  There is not 1 good thing about it.  We were using Zclient, which though outdated, was super easy to use.
View Quote
Cops hate change.

We used to use Mobile Cop. It worked ok and was pretty simple to learn.

We switched to Motorola and initially everyone hated it. As time went on, we got used to it. Now, I prefer it. It's really a pretty good system. Some of the updates have sucked but they get then fixed. Once you know the system, it can do a lot.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If anybody recommends New World Systems - run and run fast and far.
View Quote
You know how to make New World worse?

Add ProQa to the mix...

Both belong in a garbage can.

I have heard good things, from trusted people about Ossi.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 3:11:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Cops hate change.

We used to use Mobile Cop. It worked ok and was pretty simple to learn.

We switched to Motorola and initially everyone hated it. As time went on, we got used to it. Now, I prefer it. It's really a pretty good system. Some of the updates have sucked but they get then fixed. Once you know the system, it can do a lot.
View Quote
Fuck yeah Mobile cop!  We had that for a while.  While it had its quirks I liked it.  Then all of a sudden without anyone from admin consulting with the guys who actually work the road we switched to Motorla P1.  My main complaint is when running tags in P1 half the time we dont get a accurate return.  But we still have a regional program that I use to run tags, but sometimes it takes 5 or more mins to get a return.  When we had mobile cop we had a fast run program to gave returns in seconds.

I agree as a whole we dont like change.  I also don't like it when some pencil pusher who hasnt worked the road in 20 years picks what programs I have to use.  That is a whole nother thread thou.

ETA
I loved mobile cop because it let me add other units to calls.  Loved to mess with guys and add them to mundane calls in other districts just to have dispatch check their welfare.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Fuck yeah Mobile cop!  We had that for a while.  While it had its quirks I liked it.  Then all of a sudden without anyone from admin consulting with the guys who actually work the road we switched to Motorla P1.  My main complaint is when running tags in P1 half the time we dont get a accurate return.  But we still have a regional program that I use to run tags, but sometimes it takes 5 or more mins to get a return.  When we had mobile cop we had a fast run program to gave returns in seconds.

I agree as a whole we dont like change.  I also don't like it when some pencil pusher who hasnt worked the road in 20 years picks what programs I have to use.  That is a whole nother thread thou.

ETA
I loved mobile cop because it let me add other units to calls.  Loved to mess with guys and add them to mundane calls in other districts just to have dispatch check their welfare.
View Quote
I don't think we should be using CAD to mess with co-workers....

We don't have a problem getting accurate returns on plates and people. It's immediate too. We have had some issues with the interface occasionally going down but I think that's a hardware issue for our system not a CAD issue.

Patrol is not the only entity that uses CAD. As a matter of fact, dispatch uses it more than us by virtue of their job. Dispatch (for us) picked the CAD replacement.

Overall I like Motorola. It's more complex to learn but gives more options once you know how to use it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We use RIMS by Sun Ridge Systems. It is an impressive program.
View Quote
Been using it for 12 years now.  Can't imagine a better program.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top