Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2018 9:27:39 PM EDT
Hey all, so I just earned a new position doing fugitive recovery work for my department. The dude who is already doing it is running an external vest/carrier and a thigh holster for his side arm.  Since I am now coming aboard, he is wanting to revamp the gear lineup and is asking me to consider doing away with the drop-leg and vest and going with a "battle belt."  He said he saw some of our local state SWAT guys running the battle belts and wanted me to consider it.

I don't know too much about battle belts, but from what I could see, I would rather run the current setup. I know the drop leg is not always ideal for running and is a bit more difficult to defend, but the battle belt just seems to bulky and is not something I want to be wearing if I am climbing in and out of a vehicle all day.  Furthermore, I am duty belt-averse and would prefer to spread the load over my shoulders as opposed to my hips and lower back.

Any of you guys/gals have any input regarding this situation?

Lastly, he is currently running a Blackhawk Serpa (I know, just had a trainee shoot himself in the leg right in front of me.  He obviously violated 2/4 rules, but that damn holster didn't help the situation).  The current holster does not allow for a TLR-1 or any light for that matter.  I'd be interested in a holster that accommodates a light, is 3rd level retention, and has an adapter for a drop leg.

I am presently looking at the Safariland 6360 RDS or the 7365 7TS.

Any recommendations on the holsters would be great.

Thanks much!
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a fan of battle belts myself.  How about spreading the load between a stripped down duty-type belt and an external carrier?  Primary, mags, OC and cuffs (both required as minimum gear) are on my duty belt.  The belt is a 1.75 SOE cobra belt w loop liner.  Put together w an innER hook belt it's plenty stable, not bulky and light weight enough.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#2]
i would stick w/ vest & gun belt.  You can split your gear up between them & when not out running and gunning you can take the vest off.  For holster go with Safariland.  I hate the hood & love the ALS models and you get get the adapters that let you go from belt to vest or thigh rig.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top