Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2018 9:58:11 PM EDT
I often run the TV for background noise and when I pass by I glance at it.

For some reason they have run about 3 episodes of Walker, Texas Ranger.

In the background I have listened to commercials and a continuous fist fight. (what bullshit! I just changed channels to The Simpsons. Better background noise)

OK, reality check time.

When is the last time you have been in an on duty fist fight?

AND when is the last time you guys have been up against the Irish Republican Army?

ETA if you are a Boston cop with a Southie beat I am interested in the IRA part.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 10:27:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Dunno, but Ol' Bruce just kicked Chucks ass again on TV.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 5:10:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Yeah, really.

More stupid from Hollyweird.

About the only show I have seen that comes even close to reality is Joe Kenda, Homicide hunter.

He's a homicide detective and the show is a pretty drama/fight free show where he lays out how he solved a homicide. I actually watch that show from time to time and I have yet to see a cop shoot anyone or even get into any real kind of fight.

They must have really been scrapping the bottom to have Old Chuck and the Texas Rangers chase a guy from the Irish Republican Army in Texas.

The MIGHT have been able to pull the IRA angle off in South Boston years ago but even that would be somewhat of a long stretch.

In the meantime, one of you is cringing because you got a call. The neighbors reported that BettyLouThelmaLiz is beating the hell out of poor Elmer again and YOU have to deal with it. Oh, well.

Send a couple backups because BettyLouThelmaLiz has been drinking again. Best to take Elmer with you and put him in a nice, SAFE cell overnight and pick BettyLouThelmaLiz up on the morning.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 6:21:56 AM EDT
[#5]
About the only show I have seen that comes even close to reality is Joe Kenda, Homicide hunter.
View Quote
If it's reality you want, move to Chicago.

Hollywood isn't about reality. Hollywood is about making money, banging little boys and reducing the perception of the average citizen to a common (low) level.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hollywood isn't about reality. Hollywood is about making money, banging little boys and reducing the perception of the average citizen to a common (low) level.
View Quote
I have to agree. Hollywood is about box office profits, putting butts in recliners in front of TVs so that viewers can see commercials and more recently, pushing political agendas.

Even reality shows have no realism.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#7]
If it's fighting you want but never hear of go to any of the top 10 largest Reservation!

Did 4 years in one and we had a fight just about every night! Cold night where a lot less they just stayed home and beat the kids or females!
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#8]
You guys never heard of the Irish Mob, they are nationwide.  They recently have been a big problem in Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You guys never heard of the Irish Mob, they are nationwide.  They recently have been a big problem in Oklahoma.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Life imitating art Chuck Norris?

After almost a month on the run, Brandon Scott Woods, a man identified as an Irish Mob Collector who was wanted for his connection with a February robbery in Meridian was apprehended in Cleveland, Texas on Monday.
Woods was apprehended with help from Texas Rangers and the Montgomery County SWAT team.
http://www.duncanbanner.com/news/irish-mob-collector-wanted-by-scso-captured-in-texas-and/article_95370f8a-3cc5-11e6-a4e1-ef1f1baf5b6e.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top