Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2018 9:35:24 PM EDT
Needing to "pick your brain's for advice!"

I've started teaching various first responder classes privately.

I'm retired and on a fixed income so have to make the most efficient, attractive and effective presentation for the money. This would be an entirely up front self funded program.

I've got a laptop but wonder if I would benefit from a specific laptop with key components or systems.

I've never worked with a "projector or sound system," but am comfortable with Power Point.

I don't expect to get rich but would like to at least cover expenses while providing a service to my community and local providers.

All input and assistance is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#1]
No special computer needed but a good set of speakers and a projector will be essential.  Not sure what other information you are looking for.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 12:04:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No special computer needed but a good set of speakers and a projector will be essential.  Not sure what other information you are looking for.
View Quote
I have never used a projector so could use recommendations and advice on them. Again, need the "most bang for my buck!"

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I have never used a projector so could use recommendations and advice on them. Again, need the "most bang for my buck!"

Thanks!
View Quote
I doubt there is a lot of difference between equivalent priced units. I've used many different brands and they all did the trick.

I would buy a base model first and then once you've been using it for awhile, you can always upgrade and then keep the older one as a spare.

The bulbs are fragile so it's always good to have a spare.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I doubt there is a lot of difference between equivalent priced units. I've used many different brands and they all did the trick.

I would buy a base model first and then once you've been using it for awhile, you can always upgrade and then keep the older one as a spare.

The bulbs are fragile so it's always good to have a spare.
View Quote
Sounds like good advice! Thank you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top