Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2017 4:30:59 PM EDT
What are you guys using for Go bags or First aid bags?

I currently use a duffel bag that is able to hold my plate carrier with extra mags and paper work. My problem is if medical calls come out I'm not going to lug my large bag with me so I normally have to guess what I need as I'm not going back to the car usually.

We have pool cars and I'm not lucky enough to leave all my crap in the car always so every shift I'm rotating between the car and locker.

I think I'd prefer a smaller bag with a strap and molle that can store all my medical stuff and some spare mags and just carry my plate carrier to my car daily.

Links would be awesome

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Something from Maxpedition. Just pick the size you need. Great products.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Whoops, double tap.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 4:37:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Military surplus instrument bag
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I would say it depends on a few things - how fancy do you want to get, how much space in the cruiser do you have, your level of training, and how long on average until the ambulance arrives?

One ambulance I used to work for kept large shaving kit bags on the head of the stretcher that could handle a lot of calls - stocked with exam gloves, scissors, pocket mask, tourniquet, BP kit and stethoscope, oral and nasal airways, some 4x4 and 5x9 dressings and roller gauze, maybe a small bottle of sterile water or saline, and a couple of triangular bandages.  That list can cover a lot of things and doesn't take up too much room.  Presumably you already are carrying a small notepad just to jot down name, date of birth and whatever vitals or other pertinent info you have to pass to the EMS crew.

It's easy to go all out and accumulate a mega duffle filled with all sorts of stuff, but the truth is, even working full time as a medic, most of my stuff is there for "just in case."  We have to carry OB kits and tractions splints, things that get used maybe once every 5-6 years, if that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 12:33:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 12:37:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have these in my personal vehicles:  http://www.chinookmed.com/01275/combat-lifesaver-bag-tmk-cl.html

When I first stepped up above EMTB and would respond direct to scenes we were issued these:  https://ironduck.com/product/breathsaver/
View Quote
I have the larger stuff in multiple seperate bags in the 5.11 bag but ifaks on everything else. Also an ITS tactical Velcro backed mesh pouch for rip and run events.

Attachment Attached File

Edit: not law enforcement or ems as a job.

Just a well paid unhappy asshole who assists them and vice versa.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I use LBT packs/bags.  

Many different sizes and options especially for med gear/supplies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top