Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2017 4:57:22 PM EDT
So what other options are out there other then 5.11? I know some other companies do make light weight cargo pants but I'm wanting to find out if they hold up as well or better then the 5.11's.

I'm starting National park service next month and was able this weekend talk with my boss at the park he told me that I would be issued duty pants and I'd have to wear them if I was doing admin work or needing to be at the main office. He told me that most of the time all the guy wear 5.11 tac light pants in the TDU Green most of the time but I'd have to buy them if I want them. So I'm looking for other alternatives. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the True Spec ones.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#2]
If everyone else wears the particular 5.11 pants, then that's probably what you want to wear too. You don't want to stick out as the new guy. Just emulate those who have been there awhile and then as you settle in, you can broaden your options for wear.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Do what the others do.

But most important, remember that your working where people go to play.
Enjoy it!
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Boss man said that as long as the color is the same he really does not care what brand they are. Just received an email from him today about if they had to be 5.11.

Why I'm wanting to find something else is simple been out of work since February this year funds are limited. Also why tac light pants well it was 105+ degrees in the area I'm going to be working in on Saturday 100+ today after the rain.

Will be working in Big Bend National park.  Being that I have not had a job for sometime and that my money priority will be to making sure first my family is good  then bills I'm not sure when I'll be able to "afford" many pairs of 5.11 tac light pants.

Might be a month or two so in that time if I can buy two cheaper pants that work vs one pair of 5.11's it would be a little easier. Then there is gear that I'm told I will need that is not issued!
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Taclite Pros aren't the height of tactisexual fashion anymore but they are good, functional pants. If they specified a specific model of pants that everyone wears, I'd suspect that there may be a reason, like that being the authorized alternative.
View Quote
Truth the 5.11 are not even authorized for daily wear as I have been told but Boss allows it because how heavy the issued pants are in the Southwest Texas desert.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#7]
LA Police gear have some nice pants that are easy on the wallet.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Have they gotten better on quality? Bought two pair in 2012 and they could not get the size straight as both pants fit different also they where made cheap tore the ones up that fit in one month.

Not wanting to go super cheap as having pants that will last for more then a month but cost 50% less are not worth it to me! Also LA Police gear and the plastic they use on there stuff really come on I'd pay $5 more for metal.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I like the True Spec ones.
View Quote
Seconded. That's all i wear. Matter of fact a mid size FD in NW Harris county only wears Tru spec for station pants. I also wear mine out on wildland fires under my gear. No issues.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I have worn mine now for several moths with no issues as well as another buddy of mine. I just purchased five more pairs. I dont used the plastic loops on the front but, I agree for those that do the metal ones would be nice.
Quoted:
Have they gotten better on quality? Bought two pair in 2012 and they could not get the size straight as both pants fit different also they where made cheap tore the ones up that fit in one month.

Not wanting to go super cheap as having pants that will last for more then a month but cost 50% less are not worth it to me! Also LA Police gear and the plastic they use on there stuff really come on I'd pay $5 more for metal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top