Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2017 11:36:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
You can find much cheaper ones at Walmart, dicks sports etc. when they first started coming out with under armour stuff we were stuck with the expensive shirts.  

Nike, russell and other brands are just as good for a fraction of the price. Been wearing a vest for 22 years.

The pic you posted looks like it's an actual replacement carrier as opposed to an undershirt.
J-
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Not LEO, but I wear Armorskin for work. I've had good luck with compression shirts/dry-fit shirts. Not the same as what you linked to, but they make a hell of a difference.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:52:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait for a 20% off sale at 5.11 and crush their compression shirts.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:08:30 AM EDT
[#4]
What you have pictured is the 221B Tactical wear under your soft armor vest https://www.221btactical.com/

I have had mine for 2+ years...in the east of Atlanta rural SO job. I've been lucky and worked nights during the summer up till this summer. Lately it's been mid 80's and starting to suck working an accident or traffic while another deputy works the accident. Works great in the winter when you worked up a sweat and it's cold outside.

They're worth having maybe two if you need to rotate them, kinda like boots. I wear mine with whatever dri-fit/wicking/cool-Max/compression under shirt.

Don't forget your Cool Cop too.
http://m.galls.com/cool-cop-body-armor-air-conditioning
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:40:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a 221B.

ninety fucking dollars worth.

Prior to this, I had the mesh shirt, and before that, I think a ribbed shirt.

None of that shit works for me.

Strangely enough, I don't like compression shirts. I'm still wearing neanderthal cotton. Can't explain it.

Far as the 221B, I haven't worn it enough to give it a true thumbs down. It's like an air conditioning filter, and I am betting it has its roots in some kinda football undergarment or similar.

Thing is, there is no vertical venting. All it does is keep the vest layer from laying directly on the undershirt layer. So I find myself still farting and flapping the vest to get some airflow in there. And, fat as I am, I just can't take it, too fucking hot with the humidity getting past 60%.

I'm building myself an external carrier that looks like the polo I have to wear. At least I'll be able to crack a side panel that way.

Oh  - I'm also wearing a new vest, with some kinda coolmax-type inner carrier layer. It doesn't help either.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I never used those shirts, but they look cool.   The best I got to cool off under my body armor was hanging my short sleeved shirt out the window on the road and using the sleeve like an air scoop to blast fresh air between the armor and me.  In 25 years I only caught a bee with my sleeve once.....thank God.

My partner got a laugh out of me screaming like a little girl and watching me dance around by the side of the road.   Sorta like the laugh I got when granny's little ankle biter sneaked up and nipped him on his calf.  

Partners can provide plenty of entertainment.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a deal on Champion Wicking Undershirts awhile back.  They work great, I wear the Under Armor Cold in the Winter.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:33:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I wear Nike running tank tops in South Ga. They're the tits.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top