Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2016 4:42:32 AM EDT
Do you hate it as much as we do?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:30:29 AM EDT
[#1]
we shit canned New World about 10 years ago now. One of the worse CAD/Report systems I've used.

J-
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#2]
FUCK SPILLMAN
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:42:23 PM EDT
[#3]
We were running PRC CAD, and loved it.

About 7 years ago were supposed to go live with New World. We just hit our 1 year mark, and it is just crap.

I feel bad because San Diego Fire is getting to go live with it, and they had people at our center checking it out. It was everything I could do to find something good to say about it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I told an admin in a neighboring county that I would rather be shot in the line of duty every day, than use the shit system we have now. When he realized I was serious he had a bit on an oh shit moment.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We were running PRC CAD, and loved it.

About 7 years ago were supposed to go live with New World. We just hit our 1 year mark, and it is just crap.

I feel bad because San Diego Fire is getting to go live with it, and they had people at our center checking it out. It was everything I could do to find something good to say about it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:43:05 AM EDT
[#5]
RIMS for the win?
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I told an admin in a neighboring county that I would rather be shot in the line of duty every day, than use the shit system we have now. When he realized I was serious he had a bit on an oh shit moment.
View Quote

Our admin knew, and know of the issues, and continue to just let it ride out...

Tyler has a person that they moved to our area just to work on the issues, and its still just junk.

Why they let this thing go when we saw the issues years ago.... Just blows my mind.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:26:23 AM EDT
[#7]
We are currently using MACH.  It has some nice features but it's incredibly slow. It can take 4-5 min for a simple registration return.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:07:59 AM EDT
[#8]
When we were looking at systems to adopt a decade ago, it was clear just from the sales presentations that New World was a pile of steaming waste material......
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Our county went to it almost two years ago now. Very buggy software. Seems if one issue gets fixed three more pop up.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
we shit canned New World about 10 years ago now. One of the worse CAD/Report systems I've used.

J-
View Quote
Is it worse than PTS? 
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is it worse than PTS? 
View Quote

no clue never worked with PTS.

J-
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#12]
New world is pushing hard to win a statewide RFP to handle CAD/RMS for the entire state of RI. 

Supposedly they did did the same thing in Delaware????

Im skeptical
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:08:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Our county went to it almost two years ago now. Very buggy software. Seems if one issue gets fixed three more pop up.
View Quote

That's not unique to NW, I think, but any software company should have a maintenance contract so issues are dealt with.
We went with Spillman, but the powers that be didn't pay to keep a service contract, so after the initial phase-in and any associated initial contracted service period expired, issues are not dealt with above the local IT level.
I get that people want to save money, but I think that paying for on-going service contracts is a no-brainer.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:45:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is a huge part of it.

And SLOW...

Our fire depts. cant stand it, our fire dispatchers are really ready to drop kick it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
New world is pushing hard to win a statewide RFP to handle CAD/RMS for the entire state of RI. 

Supposedly they did did the same thing in Delaware????

Im skeptical
View Quote

Run
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
When we were looking at systems to adopt a decade ago, it was clear just from the sales presentations that New World was a pile of steaming waste material......
View Quote

The word I have around here is that they had the most awesome power point presentation... ( about the same time frame even )
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 1:11:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Can't be worse than CMI.

I want my winstorm back.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 1:16:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, they did just get bought out. It will take some time but it should be getting better. The new company has a lot of experience in this field and will make it work.

V
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 2:24:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The word I have around here is that they had the most awesome power point presentation... ( about the same time frame even )
View Quote

Ah, no.
It was patently obvious even from their dog and pony show to those of us on the selection committee that they were behind the times.
I can only imagine that they geared their pitch for a non-computer-oriented admin selection committee stuck in the Windows 95 era of computing
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 6:19:48 AM EDT
[#20]
We use SmartCop by CTS America.  I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#21]
We use Vision.

Old department used Spillman.  I love spillman and miss it every day.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#22]
We've been on it for about 4 years. Hated it from day one.  Minimal support,  fixes create more issues than they solve.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:14:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Besides the Motorola MDT with the monochrome screen (which was the first in-car system we used), the New World Aegis software on laptops was the first practical (marginally) system we used in our cars. I think we adopted Aegis in the mid-90's, but only used it for a few years. We have been using Southern Software's MDIS and RMS for probably the last decade or more. MDIS and RMS work well for the most part.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:31:35 AM EDT
[#24]
It's horrible. The report merge is a joke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top