Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2003 9:11:39 AM EDT
Is this typical?  I'm not an LEO but I thought it was lowdown dirty for the Federal Agent in Charge of the investigation to start having a press conference while the deputy/officer Postell wasn't there.

Officer Postell's supervisor was asked "where is the officer who caught him?"  "He worked the 3rd shift last night so I sent him home to get some rest."

Then he said that Postell was on his way in and would arrive soon (as I'm watching this on tv he has just arrived).  

Couldn't they have waited 15 minutes for the guy to iron his uniform and get back to work for the press conference?  I don't know it just seems like they did him dirty to me.

Anybody else have an opinion?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:16:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Now they are saying the officer who caught Rudolph has been an officer for less than a year.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Good job rookie! How much was the reward for Rudolph's capture (or info leading to his arrest)? If Joe Citizen had caught him, he'd be a wealthy man. This Deputy will probably only get an extra day off if he's lucky.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Other than dept policy is there anything to keep a LEO from claiming a reward?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]
That's the FBI's way... this joke will explain their pattern of thinking....

In front of a big room of people and news media the FBI, the State Police and the Big City PD are showing off their K-9s. The MC goes on and on about how highly trained each dog is. The MC tells everyone the K-9s will showcase their abilities to the crowd.

The Big City PD K-9 goes into the crowd and finds a big bag of drugs. (He's hard working drug dog.)

The State Police K-9 goes into the crowd and finds a "wanted man". (He's a hardworking man tracking dog)

The FBI dog takes the drugs and the man to the News Media and holds a press conference. (he don't do no work and takes all the credit)

yeah that's how the FBI works...

Just remember non LEOs.. we locals will only take your guns when you do something stupid.. The Feds will take them just to look good....
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Just remember non LEOs.. we locals will only take your guns when you do something stupid.. The Feds will take them just to look good....
View Quote

That's a good joke and an accurate comment I would guess.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:20:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

In front of a big room of people and news media the FBI, the State Police and the Big City PD are showing off their K-9s. The MC goes on and on about how highly trained each dog is. The MC tells everyone the K-9s will showcase their abilities to the crowd.

The Big City PD K-9 goes into the crowd and finds a big bag of drugs. (He's hard working drug dog.)

The State Police K-9 goes into the crowd and finds a "wanted man". (He's a hardworking man tracking dog)

The FBI dog takes the drugs and the man to the News Media and holds a press conference. (he don't do no work and takes all the credit)

[red]Just remember non LEOs.. we locals will only take your guns when you do something stupid.. The Feds will take them just to look good[/red]....
View Quote

[ROFL2]

Not the first time I've heard the expression from a local!!!

Funny, and oh so sadly true. I actually find myself disappointed when I hear of a local who wants to go Federal....
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same joke different version:

These three K-9 handlers (DEA, Secret Service, and FBI) were all talking about how great their dogs were.  The DEA agent says, "Check this out."  He takes his dog over to a pile of luggage, the dog dives in and drags out a suitcase.  They open it up and find that it is filled with cocaine.

The Secret Service agent says, "That's nice, but watch this."  He lets his dog go and it sniffs out a suitcase and responds on it.  they open it up and find that it contains Semtex.

The FBI agent snorts in disgust and says, "Strictly amateur night.  Let me show you what [b]my[/b] dog can do."  He then releases his dog, who immediately runs over to the other two dogs, fucks them both in the ass, and then issues a press release.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#8]
How many FBI agents does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Nobody knows; the FBI only screws other agencies.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:04:09 AM EDT
[#9]
If you want to catch a drug dealer, call the DEA.

If you want to catch a counterfeiter, call the Secret Service.

If you want to catch a fugitive, call the US Marshals.

If you want a press release, call the FBI.

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:02:49 AM EDT
[#10]
When the whole Rudolf thing kicked off, the FBI was using National Park Service Rangers for tracking in the area.  It soon became a running joke that the FBI agents were showing up to hike the mountains in loafers and wing tips.  Apparently, the Murphy area was a very good area to sell boots since the FBI had to buy so many.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top