Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 4:15:43 PM EDT
I've been spending the weekend pulling off unattended bags of all shapes and sizes off trains and I've noticed one thing, they're all black canvas.

Also why is it nothing ever happens until an hour before you go off tour?

And if we (NYC) are always at alert level orange, then does it really matter saying that were at orange?  I mean it's pretty much an everyday thing now.  Wouldn't it be better to be at yellow with the same security, this way we still have 2 levels?

Why is it when you are really tired, you think of silly things to ask?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Vinnie don't let your guard down on the one net to the suspicious looking on. Take a deep breath splash some water on your face. Finish the tour with the thought anything can happen & you wantto go homw t-nite and punch out.

Glad to hear from you
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Welcome to a LEO's constant companion.  Fatigue, mentally and physically.  Sleep is your friend.  Helps you feel and stay well. (and a cold one before sleep good also).  You having fun yet?[;)]
Art in KY
View Quote

Actually, it's my RDO today.  So far I've been getting plenty of rest.  All the senoir guys are pulling the overtime, and the really really new guys are stuck in the holiday details.  I had only 3 hour of overtime this week.  The first one for 2 hours was for a school condition where the Yashiva girls were being harassed by a junior high school, so they sent myself and another officer to the effected station to keep an eye out on the dismissal.  Suposidly this made the news the day before, and I'm guessing the parents didn't let them ride the trains, because I only saw a handful of the girls.

The second tour I had a truck hit one of our station overpasses and get stuck, so I ended up directing traffic while the aired down the tires to get the rig out.

Other than that, it's just been regular tours where I'd get called to a platform where a bag/knapsack was left unattended.

I think I'm tired today because I got to sleep in [:D]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Vinnie don't let your guard down on the one net to the suspicious looking on. Take a deep breath splash some water on your face. Finish the tour with the thought anything can happen & you wantto go homw t-nite and punch out.

Glad to hear from you
View Quote

No worries about that. I forgot yesterday I had to sit on a prisoner all day. He went EDP on the midnight crew.  He wanted to eat the arresting officer's family and kill the officer.  He was strapped to an EMT board and just sat up breaking the straps.  ESU was called and everything.  He's diabetic and had to go to the hospital for insulin.  When I got to the hospital, he was heavily sedated, cuffed both arms to either side of the bed and had leg shackles.  I replaced 2 officers.  He slept almost all the time, and when he did wake up he seemed pretty calm.  After the bath room run I only cuffed on arm because he fell asleep again right after he lay in bed again.  After I brought him back to the house to finish his processing, I bought him some Micky D's to keep his blood sugar from dropping again.  He was cool with me for the rest of the afternoon.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:32:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, I bought him food. Kept him calm and complacient, and kept him out of the hospital to finish his processing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top