Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 2:24:37 PM EDT
Did you ever wonder about TV and Movies are shown with exciting music but when you are out on patrol,No  Music? Well back in '75 we got a Plymouth 4 whl.drive Bronco type vehicle to be used for beach and Park Patrol.It received am/fm stations. When you got a Police transmission the Music cut out.When we were short of regular Patrol vehicles it was used for street Patrol. The time passed better with a little music.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]
our cars have am/fm independent of the "police radio" I'm currently day shift and I suppose we could try to listen to it but it's pretty damn busy. When we hop in after the overnight shift it's usually on though and the seat is leaned way back. Hmmm, I wonder?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Back in the day the Sheriff who hired me would order cars with no radios
Eventually he realized that cars that had radios had a higher resale value at auction
No tape decks, just AM/FM
Guys were allowed to install their own tape decks so the guys who shared a car would go in on a cassette deck and have it installed.
One year they made a mistake in the order and cars came from the factory w/ AM/FM/ Cassette
In the early 2000s I had a multi-CD player installed in my car and it was fine til I gave the Sheriff a ride one day and he saw it and demanded I take it out
My Ipod is constantly playing these days
Some technological advances are a godsend
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:25:03 PM EDT
[#3]
No music all day would drive me batty.  Heck the plane I fly for fun has music in port on it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:39:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Had XM, they cancelled all of the shows I liked.  Ipod with the iHeart app is the way to go.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Going back a little further early '50's some of our cars had no Police radios You had to use a pay phone or a call box if one was around to get assignments and call back dispositions, Sometimes you might see a radio equipped unit with lights and sirens zoom by. Maybe they let you know what they got.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Radio gets old real quick with the same 40 songs being played in a loop.  I turned to AM talk radio, not just the conservative stuff, but wacky things like George Nory and the other late night conspiracy theory guys.  Dave Ramsey is good stuff, and will make you kick yourself for your foolish spending habits.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:59:38 PM EDT
[#7]
The car radio is the only thing that keeps me going some nights when it is dead slow.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I got tunes in my amberlamps
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a little samsung galaxy media player with Pandora playing that I keep plugged into the good-times radio. Couldn't live without it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top