Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2002 5:20:29 PM EDT
My unit watched a video last week taken from the patrol car of a SC Highway Patrol on a "routine" traffic stop that turned out to be anything but routine.  the guy eventually turned on the trooper and knocked him down, then pulled a 22 pistol and started shooting.  two rounds penetrated - on in the shoulder by the vest strap.  the other thru arm, into armpit area and lodged in the heart, which was terminal.  Trooper managed to unload his 357 revolver (yes, the video was a few years old) and 5 of the 6 rounds fired hit center mass.  the guy lived to receive a life sentence for killing a trooper.  search of vehicle found small amount of pot and $1000 cash.  what was so weird was how "normal" and cooperative the guy was up until he decided to take the officers life.....

what a waste.....

Lessons learned....lots of them....

stay careful out there guys

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw the same "In the Line Of Duty" Video about a year ago. Chilling is an understatement. Watching a fellow officer die, and to hear him really had an impact on everyone who saw it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:47:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh yea the Trooper Coates video. I hate that one, it sucks to see a brother die, especially when the scum absorbs .357 rounds like superman and walks away.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#3]
If I remember right,  standard issue ammo at the time was 38 Special +P softpoints. This shooting changed that.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#4]
i'm the the baltimore co. academy and they showed us that video.....it was really tough to watch.

bandit
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#5]
They went to the Glock 22 .40 cal. after the shooting.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw that one a few years ago to. they carried 38+p at the time.I'll never forget that video and hearing his radio traffic after he was shot. Has anyone seen the video of the GA officer i cant remember where it was. he stops this guy and the guy starts dancing in the street and then goes back to his vehicle and pulls out what looks like a 30 cal carbine and kills the officer.Thats another one i will never forget. they showed us that one this year in inservice. thinking about both of those videos gives me chills.

tnrifleman
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top