Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/8/2010 11:08:58 AM EDT
Take it as you will, I am being honest! I am not posting to tell people what they want to hear, just the truth. Funny how people pick out the little parts they don't like and bash them, yet do not address nearly the whole topic!

Most cops I know and work with are great people with the right value systems in place. Most cops are conservative types who beleive in traditional family values and have had a good morale upbringing.

Problem with many cops (small jurisdictions) is they are bored and loose focus on what is really important. Small town cops should be considerate of the community stakeholders and should act as an advocate to the community. Cops should be a part of the small government role in the sense that we do not intrude in peoples business or lives unless they commit a crime that drastically effects another person and presents a true concern to the community. Writing meaningless traffic tickets out of ego rage and anger, or to show your authority, is simply wrong. Not to mention that most traffic citations are simply another form of Governement Tax and revenue. Cops are not revenue collectors!!!

A Cop should be held in high regard in the community and be well respected. When a cop is respected, that means he is perfroming his job properly, not being intrusive where he/she does not belong, and is leading by a good example (for the community and other officers). Respect is earned and not just given. An officer who is an AHole and over reacts with emotional outburst is WEAK and deserves little respect if any.

HERE IS WHAT YOU ENJOY FOCUSING ATTENTION ON:::: Should a working cop cite an off duty cop? Yeah if it is something real bad, then the off duty cop should be reported (if it is something bad). But a traffic ticket??? If you guys don't know that it is wrong for an egomaniac on duty cop to cite another off cuty cop, they you are messed up in the head! If you are a cop that cites other cops, knowing they are a cop, Fine, that is your business. I think it to be wrong for many reasons. IF AN OFF DUTY COP IS FLAUNTING AUTHORITY AND BEING A JERK WITH AN ATTITUDE, BY ALL MEANS ISSUE THE CITE.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#1]

Another post?? Damn, just man up and pay your ticket. That shiny piece of metal in your wallet is not a get out of jail free card.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Dude, I pull regular citizens over all the time when they blatently commit a traffic violation in front of me.  BUT I rarely if ever CITE THEM!   I am professional and courteous and I aks them to stay aware and be careful.  I extend the same courtesy to citizens as I would another officer.  

If the citizen is crappy with me and unreasonable, then they will get a ticket.  They talk themselve right into it.  Same with anyone. That is how life works.

People who are polite and reasonable do NOT get tickets.  So If I extend this courtesy to citizens, WHY NOT OTHER COPS?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Seriously?  Again?

Didn't you just proclaim on your previous post that " you aren't a rook" and that you have "25 years" or something like that of experience in several divisons?

Yet in those "25 years" you must not have had to write many reports, or since the invention of the computer during your "25 years" you have come to rely too heavily on spell-check. I draw this conclusion from your many grammar errors and misspellings in your 2 inflammatory  posts, but I digress from the point.

I rarely respond to garbage such as this, but you proclaiming to be anything more than a "rook" (or even being an LEO at all) is just insulting to the profession.  

The issue at hand here is not some "egomaniac" small jurisdiction cop writing you a ticket, it is your egomaniac attitude about the whole deal. (that is assuming of course that you are even an actual LEO, a question I would like to see the Mods look into)

Whether or not you think it was right for your super-important big city badge-wearing self to get a ticket by a small town cop, you admitted to breaking the law. And considering your attitude exhibited on this board, I am sure this line came into play during the stop as well;

" IF AN OFF DUTY COP IS FLAUNTING AUTHORITY AND BEING A JERK WITH AN ATTITUDE, BY ALL MEANS ISSUE THE CITE"

Let me say that again......YOU broke the law.  IF you think you didn't break the law, then go to court, that is your right to do so.  If you admit to breaking the law, pay the fine and STHU with your crying already.

Whatever you do, please quit crying on here and expecting to find a willing audience.  I for one am done so much as scanning over your posts.  And judging by the number of B.S flags raised in your previous post, I am not alone.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Seriously?  Again?

Didn't you just proclaim on your previous post that " you aren't a rook" and that you have "25 years" or something like that of experience in several divisons?

Yet in those "25 years" you must not have had to write many reports, or since the invention of the computer during your "25 years" you have come to rely too heavily on spell-check. I draw this conclusion from your many grammar errors and misspellings in your 2 inflammatory  posts, but I digress from the point.

I rarely respond to garbage such as this, but you proclaiming to be anything more than a "rook" (or even being an LEO at all) is just insulting to the profession.  

The issue at hand here is not some "egomaniac" small jurisdiction cop writing you a ticket, it is your egomaniac attitude about the whole deal. (that is assuming of course that you are even an actual LEO, a question I would like to see the Mods look into)

Whether or not you think it was right for your super-important big city badge-wearing self to get a ticket by a small town cop, you admitted to breaking the law. And considering your attitude exhibited on this board, I am sure this line came into play during the stop as well;

" IF AN OFF DUTY COP IS FLAUNTING AUTHORITY AND BEING A JERK WITH AN ATTITUDE, BY ALL MEANS ISSUE THE CITE"

Let me say that again......YOU broke the law.  IF you think you didn't break the law, then go to court, that is your right to do so.  If you admit to breaking the law, pay the fine and STHU with your crying already.

Whatever you do, please quit crying on here and expecting to find a willing audience.  I for one am done so much as scanning over your posts.  And judging by the number of B.S flags raised in your previous post, I am not alone.

So you are saying that you never give out warning and you always write tickets to citizens?   If that is true you are an A$$!   If you do cut breaks to citizens, then why not cops?

Sounds like you are an offended Rookie!  you can attack my years in service, my credentials, whatever!  You have probably been to my training classes and don't even know it.  

Your banter about mispellings is truly ignorant.  I type fast and get the message across, sorry if you are offended by mispellings.  DURK!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted: (translated)
blah blah blah I'm above the law.  But if you cite me, you are a weak cowardly pussy with an ego problem. blah blah blah

Really, did you need to make a second thread?  I think your point came out loud and clear in your first.

-WhyTanFox

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously?  Again?

So you are saying that you never give out warning and you always write tickets to citizens?   If that is true you are an A$$!   If you do cut breaks to citizens, then why not cops?

Sounds like you are an offended Rookie!

Your banter about mispellings is truly ignorant.  I type fast and get the message across, sorry if you are offended by mispellings.  DURK!

Yeeeeeaaaah, you aren't an LEO, I'd place a wager on it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Well some folks tend to attack only a small portion of the topic, so I like to put a t-square on it!

The regular folks need to know that there are cops out there that do not always cite decent citizens and do not intrude in their lives unless absolutely necessary.   Many cops have a tendancy to over intrude in peoples lives where they have no business doing so!  SO I want the non cops to know that there are good officers out there that are REAL, that do not antagonize, do not intentionally irritate others, and do not write tickets to rtax paying good citizens for revenue generation!!!!!

I can care less if any of the LEO's here do not like what I am saying.  If you don't like it you are TOO Black and White with no middle ground!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:51:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously?  Again?

How much you want to WAGER?   I will make it easy on you and put up $5000.00  You can contact me at [email protected] and I will give you my telephone number and department address.   You can meet me in the parking lot at my office with the $5000.00!!!!   Hell, I will even take you on a Ride Along for that price!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow, just wow.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I think I am really going to be pleased when the site has the LEO only and you have to show some creds to post.  I wonder if you can meet the elements for Impersonating online . . .

Not sure what required a second thread.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously?  Again?

Sounds like you are an offended Rookie!  you can attack my years in service, my credentials, whatever!  You have probably been to my training classes and don't even know it.  

Funny.  I didn't say anything about who I do and do not cite.

What training classes are those?  Is there a website I can sign up at? Can I get a discount for reading your first two A$$hat posts?  Do I get another 10% off for the 20 seconds of my life I wasted on this one?  I want to learn to be a super-cop too!............................

I refer all further comments from you to my former STHU statement.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously?  Again?

How much you want to WAGER?   I will make it easy on you and put up $5000.00  You can contact me at [email protected] and I will give you my telephone number and department address.   You can meet me in the parking lot at my office with the $5000.00!!!!   Hell, I will even take you on a Ride Along for that price!

Can I bring copies of your rants and speak with your Chief too?  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously?  Again?

Can you ride along on a Segway? I didn't know that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#14]
First you have to apply and go through a background, get hired, then do about 6 years service.  Then if you pass the internal testing for the SWAT team or Narcotics Team, you can apply with your team and we can get you dialed in!   Send me a PM when you are ready to go, your department should pay for it.  If not, we can work out a discount.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Now I know you aren't LEO, who's got $5,000.00 to drop on an internet wager on LEO pay?  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:04:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously?  Again?

See, now you are just hiding behind a keyboard and not standing up to your challenge.  I find that to be weak.  I was willing to meet your conditions of wager!  Your a Poser!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously?  Again?

See, now you are just hiding behind a keyboard and not standing up to your challenge.  I find that to be weak.  I was willing to meet your conditions of wager!  Your a Poser!

And you are a horrific speller.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Are your parents aware that Junior is at the keyboard again?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Awwww, where'd you go. This was just getting fun! Email was sent. Let's see where this goes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I got your e-mail.  Curious,  are you really going to pay me the $5k or are you just blowing smoke.  Because I will pick you up at the airport!   I am holding you to your wager.  Wagers in public forums, if agreed, are binding!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hey Dude, I pull regular citizens over all the time when they blatently commit a traffic violation in front of me.  BUT I rarely if ever CITE THEM!   I am professional and courteous and I aks them to stay aware and be careful.  I extend the same courtesy to citizens as I would another officer.  

If the citizen is crappy with me and unreasonable, then they will get a ticket.  They talk themselve right into it.  Same with anyone. That is how life works.

People who are polite and reasonable do NOT get tickets.  So If I extend this courtesy to citizens, WHY NOT OTHER COPS?

I really wish this was the case  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I stopped reading when he wrote "loose" and meant "lose"...but now im in for the show!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I got your e-mail.  Curious,  are you really going to pay me the $5k or are you just blowing smoke.  Because I will pick you up at the airport!   I am holding you to your wager.  Wagers in public forums, if agreed, are binding!

You stated you'd send me your number and office address, just seeing where this goes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, it is with the minority of cops!!  It is with me!   You see, I am not an Ego tripper and I do not beleive I am better than anyone else, although I do have a certain skill set that is valuable to others and I do lead by example!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#25]
As I thought, he now refuses to give me his phone number and office address. Nice job Steven.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:32:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, it is with the minority of cops!!  It is with me!   You see, I am not an Ego tripper and I do not beleive I am better than anyone else, although I do have a certain skill set that is valuable to others and I do lead by example!

Stay safe out there man... we definitely need more like you
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Perhaps he should keep his purported $5000.00 and spring for a team membership and some grammar lessons.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:39:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Perhaps he should keep his purported $5000.00 and spring for a team membership and some grammar lessons.

Your condecending and immature.  If you have nothing positive to add, just ignore the Thread and move on!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your condecending and immature.  If you have nothing positive to add, just ignore the Thread and move on!

From what im getting you may be ignoring him?? Just saying
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Was this moved from GD or the pit?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh, I have plenty to add; you're still a poor speller. You stated you'd email me your contact info. I emailed you at the address you gave and you then refused. Who, pray tell, is the poser now? Methinks you, good Sir.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:49:32 PM EDT
[#32]
lol
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I think I am really going to be pleased when the site has the LEO only and you have to show some creds to post.  I wonder if you can meet the elements for Impersonating online . . .

Not sure what required a second thread.

plenty of sites like that now.

Have fun

TXL
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Dear God, man......give this crap a rest. Proving one is an LEO via Staff or Mods is not that difficult. It's nearly as easy as creating suspicion about your LEO status by posting statements that call it to question.

And please tell us you're not an Insane Clown Posse fan.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

How about you stop trolling the BOTS forum and I won't kick you to the curb!

Quoted:
Good gravy.

You are lucky Striker got here before me.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Dear God, man......give this crap a rest. Proving one is an LEO via Staff or Mods is not that difficult. It's nearly as easy as creating suspicion about your LEO status by posting statements that call it to question.

I believe Juggalo is the technical term sir. . .    (insert hatchman pic here. . . )

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe Juggalo is the technical term sir. . .    (insert hatchman pic here. . . )

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Did he get a time out?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

How about you stop trolling the BOTS forum and I won't kick you to the curb!

Batter up.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Problem with many cops (small jurisdictions)

Enough, good god, we get it. Did you get cited again, or are you still on about the first one? And enough with the condescending attitude towards "Small Jurisdictions", already.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously... just stop.

Do you really think you're representing your department well with this thread?  Your grammar and inability to communicate are seriously undermining your point.  When your errors are glaring enough that they detract from your message, then it's time to tighten up that loose sh*t.

You don't have to type like a friggin' English professor... but at least be nominally proficient in your mother tongue.

ETA: and yes, I'm an ex-reserve guy... busting your balls.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:47:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Should a working cop cite an off duty cop? Yeah if it is something real bad, then the off duty cop should be reported (if it is something bad). But a traffic ticket???

A working cop should cite an off-duty cop if he would also cite non-LEO for the same offense.  Anything else smacks of corruption and endangers the already tenuous relationship the jack-boots have with the citizens.

Your post implies that cops should get special treatment.  I agree.  Their special treatment should be HARSHER than that meted out to the general public, as they should know better.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:51:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Your You're condecending condescending and immature. If you have nothing positive to add, just ignore the Thread and move on!

Poor grammar and spelling is indicative of a small mind.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#46]
This guy isn't a cop and I suspect he's gotten "suspended" from this site to think about his sins.  He's not far from a ban though and might have made it!!  I'm not sure.  

I'm sure the OP can read this but he's not a cop.  Too many inconsistencies with his story and NO 25 year veteran with the vast amount of experience that the OP has would post like this guy does.

Goodby.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Was this moved from GD or the pit?

My first thought too.  GD would be eating this up.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I also rarely issue citations for traffic violations and I don't think any LEO's here are taking issue with the fact that you think you were given a mickey mouse citation. Say I get a citation for 5 mph greater than posted, am I gonna be a bit annoyed? Yes, but I certainly wouldn't bitch to anyone much less start TWO threads on Arfcom! I would pay the ticket and be on my way because after all 5 mph over the limit is still speeding.

Now where your thought train really derails is when you start talking about having no ego out of one side of your mouth and out of the other side you are bitching about small town cops like they are beneath you. Then you go into the fact that you shouldn't have been ticketed because you are a cop, now tell me where in your state's statutes does it say you don't have to follow the law because you are on the job? Professional courtesy is great when an officer makes a determination to extended it but it is by no means mandatory for him to do so. WTF are you thinking? I'm really having a hard time following your logic here.

You say you lead by example, how would you want one of your subordinates to handle this situation? I'd say if you actually committed the traffic violation you were cited for you quietly pay the ticket like a man without flaunting the fact that you are a cop and that's an example I'd be proud of.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stay safe out there man... we definitely need more like you

Brother, if you think this guy is an example of a good officer you should go back and re-read the parts where he says he thinks LEO's should get special treatment when they violate the law.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:09:39 PM EDT
[#50]
EPIC! Read every post!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top