Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 9:09:27 AM EDT
I noticed they have a bunch of useful stuff listed. The weapons helicopters and vehicles seem to be what everyone thinks about but they had all kinds of gear listed anybody picked any of this up or made use of this resource for your agency?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#1]
not a cop, but I have a friend who happens to be a cop, he showed me a couple of M14s (TRWs) and M16A2, yep, brand spankin' new  A2s made by FN,  that he got for his dept. from  anniston. all for the price of shipping.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#2]
We got some rifles from the Air Force. Vietnam Era, old triangle one piece hand guard with no forward assist. Still had full auto on them. These were for people who didn't own their own rifle.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah we have a few helicopters, an old Peacemaker APC and 50 plus M-16A1s. But they have lots of individual equipment listed mag pouches, modern LBVs and other stuff that could be pretty useful in bad budget years.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah we have a few helicopters, an old Peacekeeper APC and 50 plus M-16A1s. But they have lots of individual equipment listed mag pouches, modern LBVs and other stuff that could be pretty useful in bad budget years.

Fixed it for you. I wouldn't get in a Peacekepper if you paid me, ask me why!  
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Why?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why?

A sometimes rolling target that is prone to breaking down, uncomfortable, and is likely to be penetrated easily?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Top Heavy and likley to roll over it had an air of POS about it. We have little Bearcat now.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why?

A sometimes rolling target that is prone to breaking down, uncomfortable, and is likely to be penetrated easily?

Weren't Peacekeepers the ones they found out M193 could penetrate upclose?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why?

Weren't Peacekeepers the ones they found out M193 could penetrate upclose?

OK, thanks guys.  I really only asked why because Depidy_Dawg said "ask me why?"  I rode in enough of them and don't plan on getting in anymore unless they are on display in a USAF Museum.  Even then, I'd probably get in and fall asleep because that was the only useful thing I got out of them during the boring Cold War.

Back to the OP's question, they have some cool stuff.  We used to look at he offerings on line then make a trip up to north Florida to shop.  We got a deuce and a half once and had to drive it back.  It was in pretty bad shape and turned the seven hour drive into a 14 + hour drive.  It didn't have a roof which made the hot sun and sporadic rain showers more enjoyable for the poor guy driving it.  If I recall, refurbing it was about $15,000.  We also got some early model M-16's, gas masks, Kevlar helmets for the entire PD (200 or so) and other stuff.  We looked at a Zodiac, but couldn't justify the repairs.  This was before the two wars though and haven't checked to see how the stock is since.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:51:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Ah, the good ol Peacekeeper. We had a couple when I was at Kings Bay NSB. I much preferred the Dragoon for utility and sleeping comfort.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:25:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We got some rifles from the Air Force. Vietnam Era, old triangle one piece hand guard with no forward assist. Still had full auto on them. These were for people who didn't own their own rifle.

Or for people who didn't get those new short barreled Wilson Tactical shotguns...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top