Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2007 8:54:16 PM EDT
I have sensitive skin with bad acne and have tried everything on the market and have fallen in with one companies skin care and make-up.  

Do you hate dry lipstick I know the best kind that stays on for a long amount of time.  Do you hate having blotchy broken out skin, I know what skin care will fix it.  Do you hate having make up that feels thick and heavy, I know what make-up is light and breath able.

Mary Kay Cosmetics.
Have any of you tried them?

They have some great stuff called satin hands that makes your hands so soft no matter how ruff they are.  They have a lip mask and lip balm combination that makes chapped lips go away fast.  I get very chapped lips that crack and bleed and they hurt a lot.  Satin Lips fixes this and keeps it from happening.  They make lipstick that stays on for a long time and is very moist.  I will never use any other type of make-up or skin care ever again.
If I do not use my skin care every day I get very combination skin, very oilly in the T zone.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Uhm...

Would you by any chance, be a new Mary Kay consultant?

Just sayin...

Kitties
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I HATE Mary Kay. It's feels like I have trowelled on that stuff they texture walls with. And I look like Tammy Faye. A little moisturizer, a little mascara and a little lip gloss unless I have to go to work. Then I use a really light foundation and translucent powder.

But I do wash and moisturize three times a day -- In the morning, after my workout and before bed.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I HATE Mary Kay. It's feels like I have trowelled on that stuff they texture walls with. And I look like Tammy Faye. A little moisturizer, a little mascara and a little lip gloss unless I have to go to work. Then I use a really light foundation and translucent powder.

But I do wash and moisturize three times a day -- In the morning, after my workout and before bed.

I love MK's Cream to Powder foundation, but I can't use the skin care at all.  Break out city.  Too much mineral oil.

I'm an Aveda skin care fiend.    But MK's cover cream and foundation are the bomb.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:06:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Hey, she died.  Did you hear?

When I was a kid, my mom was so into PTL.

I think it warped me.  I swear.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Uhm...

Just sayin...

Kitties

No not anymore I was many many years ago in CA.  I just love the skin care, lipstick and mascara.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, when I was pregnant with my first child my best friend and I would always watch her and Jim on Sunday mornings. And I would make fun of them and tell Roberta that God was gonna get them and Jimmy Swaggert some day because they were stealing from people who couldn't afford to be stolen from. I SWEAR!!

ETA: Unintentional hijack. Sorry
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, when I was pregnant with my first child my best friend and I would always watch her and Jim on Sunday mornings. And I would make fun of them and tell Roberta that God was gonna get them and Jimmy Swaggert some day because they were stealing from people who couldn't afford to be stolen from. I SWEAR!!

ETA: Unintentional hijack. Sorry

And on the eighth day, BB spoke, and it was so.  And God saw that it was good.

Not that Tammy FAye died.  I don't mean that.  But the televangelist thingie and the smitation....that was good.  I think Tammy was the dysfunctional one and ended up on the losing end of most of it. I dunno.  I just kinda felt sorry for her.  Especially when she got sick.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:15:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Uhm...

Just sayin...

Kitties

No not anymore I was many many years ago in CA.  I just love the skin care, lipstick and mascara.

If I was gonna sell something, it would probably be MK. But I don't wanna sell stuff.

Overall their makeup line is pretty dang good for the price.  I like Aveda better, but it's twice or three times the money.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:42:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
OK, duh!! I realize I didn't even answer your questions. What I hate about it is that I even have to do it. But I look like a homeless woman with no face (really, pale faced redhead here with blonde -- read "invisible" -- eyelashes and freckles out the ass. They were cute when I was 7. Now I am 49, not so cute, I don't think.  Thank goodness that M.O.M. married me for by charming personality and quick wit!!

ETA: That and I can whip his ex's ass!!

I like "freckles out the ass", but that's just me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:26:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OK, duh!! I realize I didn't even answer your questions. What I hate about it is that I even have to do it. But I look like a homeless woman with no face (really, pale faced redhead here with blonde -- read "invisible" -- eyelashes and freckles out the ass. They were cute when I was 7. Now I am 49, not so cute, I don't think.  Thank goodness that M.O.M. married me for by charming personality and quick wit!!

ETA: That and I can whip his ex's ass!!

I like "freckles out the ass", but that's just me.

Ahhhh . (Your just saying that cuz you know I like guns . . . )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top