Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2006 3:49:29 AM EDT
All I can say is I am very thankful we have a covered area for our vehicles.
Last night we had 2 storms come racing through the Indy area (about 3 hrs apart), producing damaging hail, severe winds and some reports of tornadoes. In Brownsburg (northwest corner of the city) the emergency personal left their posts at answering 911 calls and took shelter it was so bad. (after diverting the calls to another town of course)
The hail we had here was a good 3" or more in diameter, some areas reporting as large as softball size. Neighbors had car windows cracked and large dents in their cars. LilGH enjoyed throwing "iceballs" at the shed after the first wave came through.
ML & HH are you 2 ok?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:34:36 AM EDT
[#1]
How Scary, I'm glad you are all right!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:27:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow ... glad you're okay!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Yikes, I've never seen hail that big. Glad you're ok!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Doing ok up here

Glad you've ok too!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#5]
We had high winds and pea sized hail, but just north of us they think there was a twister.  My mom has roof damage, but luckily her car was in the garage.  I just hope that was our close call for the season, but I have a feeling it wasn't.  Glad to hear that you all are okay!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#6]
they came through here later and dumped a ton of rain, but no damage in areas i saw today

glad y'all are ok  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:20:04 AM EDT
[#7]
HH & ML glad you guys made it out ok too.

Yesterday I took a stroll around the house and we did have some damage. The siding on the west and north side of the house has many holes and cracks in it from the hail hitting. We still haven't made it onto the roof to see where that leak is coming from that started during the storm. Oh well, it's just possessions and we're ok, that's the important thing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:30:09 AM EDT
[#8]
My SIL had to reroof her house from hail half the size of yours.

Check that roof carefully.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yesterday I took a stroll around the house and we did have some damage. The siding on the west and north side of the house has many holes and cracks in it from the hail hitting. We still haven't made it onto the roof to see where that leak is coming from that started during the storm. Oh well, it's just possessions and we're ok, that's the important thing.

Isn't Mother Nature great?  I thinkwe're in for some more of th same later.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't Mother Nature great?  I think we're in for some more of th same later.

radar isn't looking to good is it? I won't say it can't get any worse, my house was still standing after the last round.

ETA: this is the Mrs BTW, I forgot to log the ol'man off.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Yikes! Glad you're okay MrsGungho, MarianLibrarian, and HeldHostage!  In Chicago it's just raining and raining and raining.  

BTW-MrsGungho, please tell Ron I like his new avatar.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#12]
hang on ladies, looks like youre getting another dose!!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:43:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Yikes! Glad you're okay MrsGungho, MarianLibrarian, and HeldHostage!  In Chicago it's just raining and raining and raining.  

BTW-MrsGungho, please tell Ron I like his new avatar.

Thanks deej, I will pass it on. It is the logo for our new business we have started and Ron designed it himself.

Last nights storm was mostly rain and thunder. We made out ok. Today the fun begins, insurance calls and getting estimates after of course I go to the dentist and have a filling pulled and redone. And hopefully that takes care of the pain, if not here comes another crown.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:09:21 AM EDT
[#14]
In 1997 we were in a storm like yours, we were at a wedding but our at the time 16 yr daughter was home alone. The hail was huge, it broke almost all the windows on the south side of our house, about 8 I think, broke our shutters, damaged our other daughters car, the evestrough(gutters), of course the roof and lots of other stuff. The corn and soybean crops were completely destroyed.
Our daughter called us at the wedding reception, which was only 4 miles away, and we didn't have anything in town, we couldn't believe it when we got home.
Hope that never happens again.
Take lots of pictures and keep all of your receipts. If the insurance doesn't pay like it should, complain. We had seamless gutters, but they were only going to pay for regular ones, so we complained. They paid for new seamless.
I still have the receipts from the damage.
Our weather is beautiful the past week, sunny and in the 60's & 70's, but tomorrow it is all to change
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top