Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 6:58:36 PM EDT
Hey,

What was your first time shooting like? What did you shoot? With who? Where? How was it? What age?

- Natalie
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]
My first time shooting was a little .22 pistol, don't remember brand or anything... but i held it up to my chin for some retarded reason and the slid punched me in the chin... it hurt...... but then i blew the crap outta the can i was shootin at after that.... lol
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was 16, I bought a Crossman CO2 pistol from Big 5. I plinked cans, bottles and random trash in friends backyards. Well, and the occasional bird. D'oh. (I feed them now, lol).

BB shooting was a lot of fun, but it wasn't until I was 19 that I got my Daisy 22 rifle. Hubby (then boyfriend) and I would go to a few indoor ranges in the area, but we finally got to take it out to the desert with my brother and his toys. I then learned to shoot a .380 pistol and 12 gage shotgun (skeet). I was hooked.

It just keeps getting better all the time.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I was young. Maybe too young, I couldn't get anything lined up right, I stumbled and fumbled and ended up pulling the trigger too soon...

We are still talking about 'shooting' right????  Don't worry, I got much better, I even hit the bullseye the next time......
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#5]
You know for the life of me I honestley can't remember, I must have been pretty young, five or six I'd guess. I remember shooting a lot back then (especially when I was 8-12), but don't remember the actual first time....
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Someone put a little .22 in my hands and said 'point at the center of the target and squeeze the trigger'.

I shot the center out of every target they put in front of me for 4 weeks.  I sent each and every one home to my mother, and I do believe she still has them.  They gave me an NRA patch for it, and I have it sitting here on my desk as we speak.

And so it began...

I was about that age, too.  My parents are pretty much non-hunters/non-shooters nowadays, so my uncle taught me to shoot.  In an old gravel pit near my uncle's place, I shot an old Winchester tube-fed .22 semi-auto, which I thought was the coolest gun ever.  I shot my first rabbit very close to that same spot.  I have the picture around somewhere.  It's nice to remember the excited little kid with his first cotton tail.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:56:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Someone put a little .22 in my hands and said 'point at the center of the target and squeeze the trigger'.

I shot the center out of every target they put in front of me for 4 weeks.  I sent each and every one home to my mother, and I do believe she still has them.  They gave me an NRA patch for it, and I have it sitting here on my desk as we speak.

And so it began...

I was about that age, too.  My parents are pretty much non-hunters/non-shooters nowadays, so my uncle taught me to shoot.  In an old gravel pit near my uncle's place, I shot an old Winchester tube-fed .22 semi-auto, which I thought was the coolest gun ever.  I shot my first rabbit very close to that same spot.  I have the picture around somewhere.  It's nice to remember the excited little kid with his first cotton tail.

awww you will have to dig up the picture and show me hun !
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#8]
While I was in North Carolina last August, my nephew shot pistols for the first time with me.  I was quite impressed (and proud) to say the least.  10-15 yards away, he put all his shots on paper.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Hi I'm new.  I thought this was a good post to start on.

It was my 21st birthday and as I'm not much of a drinker by boyfriend took me shooting.  We used his Sig P228 at the open range in Jefferson National Forest near Virginia Tech.  I loved it.  I was hooked (on shooting and Sigs) and made him take me shooting everytime he went.  It was probably one of my best birthdays.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#10]
About 9 yrs old.  Don't remember the rifle, but it was bolt action with a scope.  My stereotypical hill-billy uncle took my brother and I shooting.  Didn't go again until I was about 21 because I didn't have any one to take me... not for lack of asking though.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been shooting long guns as long as i can remember... The first hand Gun was a snub Nosed .44mag at @ 12 yrs old... the front sight left a mark in my forehead & about knocked me out!!!
When I found out I'd hit the beer can 25-30 feet away I couldn't wait to try again!!! By the end of the weekend I could out-Shoot my father & the owner of the snubby
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top