Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 7:24:11 AM EDT
I wanted guns for Christmas but this is almost as good. All my life I wanted to have my own horse and today it is going to happen. Right before Christmas we found one and now this afternoon I get to pick him up. I will have to board him at a friend's house but I am soooo excited, I feel like a little kid. I thought this day would never happen.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:56:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Aww!  Can I come over and play?  All I got was a pair of gloves and a new coat.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:28:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations! What breed is he? Post us a pic

Lifelong, I've always wanted a horse. Just ask hubby and my parents how many times I've whined about it.  Someday, though!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#3]
He is a small Arabian, an older horse but that's ok to start with. I have younger children so it's important for him to be gentle. I thought this day would never happen either Buttercupp, so never give up hope. Three more hours to pick up time (sigh) time is moving soooo slowly...............
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:23:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I can't wait for pictures either.  What color?  name?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
He is a small Arabian, an older horse but that's ok to start with. I have younger children so it's important for him to be gentle. I thought this day would never happen either Buttercupp, so never give up hope. Three more hours to pick up time (sigh) time is moving soooo slowly...............

Wow, he sounds absolutely perfect! I bet your kids are very excited, too.

In the meantime, I just stop and pet the trail horses on the way up to Mt. Charleston...on a rare occasion, get to ride them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#6]
pix. pix. pix  

someday for me to..........

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#7]
That is so cool. I can't even say "one of these days" on having a horse.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#10]
His name is Blaze and he is a bay. The vet today says he needs to put on some weight, but otherwise he is in good health. I searched all over this house today but couldn't find the camera, I'm sure I put it somewhere safe, I just can't remember where. (I hate getting old) When I do, I will  take some pictures. He is settled in his new home now and I'll be there early in the morning.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#11]
My good friend has a stable in Bethany CT, she takes in horses that are that are on their way to slaughter. She pulls up with her horse trailer and loads them in, take them to her horse ranch and finds new homes for them. You should see some of these horses, they are some of the sweetest animals. Some of them have tempers, but in time they become gentle animals too. Good luck with your christmas present.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#12]
how cool!!!!  what a fantastic Christmas present!!!  post pics when you find the camera, please...    

my MIL raises miniatures, and always has one full size horse for riding, and it's just the coolest thing...  I don't envy you the upkeep, but having a horse is an amazing thing...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top