Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 5:34:58 PM EDT
I used to do this all through out high school and was in the middle of making another scrapbook when I moved out of my parents house.  I used all of my mom's stuff when I was doing the scrapbooks so I had no equipment of my own.  However, I would love to start up again and start getting my own supplies.

Any idea of where I could get the supplies for a somewhat cheaper price?

Thanks for all your help.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi frtloop85 I actually buy a lot of fun stuff at Walmart.  EBAY also has loads of stuff as well.  Just get a few things here and there and pretty soon you'll be stocked just right.

Have fun!  Patty
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:51:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Your first one is on me right?

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:25:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Get a hold of Mona,she helped me out. She is a wealth of information. I also found alot by just doing a search. I am doing one for my son while he's deployed.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:44:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Wal-Mart, Target, craft stores all have good/inexpensive scrapbook supplies, I personally liked the craft stores the best.  For the nicer slightly more expensive stuff, try Creative Memories.  I just tried their site and it seems to be down, but I know ebay has some Creative Memories stuff too.....
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wal-Mart, Target, craft stores all have good/inexpensive scrapbook supplies, I personally liked the craft stores the best.  For the nicer slightly more expensive stuff, try Creative Memories.  I just tried their site and it seems to be down, but I know ebay has some Creative Memories stuff too.....

+1, the specialty craft stores are the best IMO
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Scrapbooking?

Oh man... on a gun website....

What's next?? Crocheting doilies?

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Scrapbooking?

Oh man... on a gun website....

What's next?? Crocheting doilies?

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 to Mona being an expert scrapbooker.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I love Creative Memories stuff.  However, it's too expensive to buy straight from them.  Also, their website doesn't allow us to buy from them.  I have to go through a consultant.

I've been checking out ebay and found some great stuff.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love Creative Memories stuff.  However, it's too expensive to buy straight from them.  Also, their website doesn't allow us to buy from them.  I have to go through a consultant.

I've been checking out ebay and found some great stuff.

Thanks for everyone's help.

We're killing 2 birds w/one stone . I'm scanning in ALL of my, my grandmother's and mom's photographs to CD's (Lots of old pics w.o negs avail) also LOTS of creases and wear and tear on the really old ones (like my great great grandparents).

Mom has found a lot of neat little like picture corners and cute "decorations" etc at Odd Lots also watch for the 1/2 $$ sales at Hobby Lobby.

That's my $.02
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Hi Frtloop85,

I have scrapbooked for years, here is a couple of ways I save money doing it. If you have a Creative Memories consultant near you, find out when she does her workshops and go to them. Usually you can use her equipment while you are there and it lets you use your money for other supplies.... it has worked great for me. Also I save my cards eg. Christmas and birthday ect. and cut out the ones I really like. I make sure I put paper behind it (non acid of course) and use it on the pages. Some of my best pages were done like that. I have an album of Christmas through the years and I love that I can save the best cards and display them with my pics. Hope this helps some.
                                              Carrie
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:54:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#13]
My wife is into it pretty seriously, and she gets a lot of things from AC MOORE. If you are looking for something specific let me know, my sister is a Creative Memories Hostess--she lives in Annondale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top