Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2005 7:01:56 PM EDT
i think we should make this ongoing--whatever movie you want to post about--new in the theater, new on DVDs or oldie goldies

hubby and i were lazy today and watched two DVDs

first was The Longest Yard, with Adam Sandler, Chris Rock and Burt Reynolds

it was pretty good--i think chris rock is really funny, so that was good for me--some of the humor was a little offbeat, but i enjoyed it
fun performances by Burt and Nelly (the hiphop singer)
you dont have to know a thing about football to get it, either--though i think we all enjoy our football here

second was Alexander--now anyone who has seen me extol the virtues of other movies with hairy, sweaty men (think Gladiator and Troy) would think i wouldve loved this

this movie was excruciating--long (2hr40minits), loud (apparently ancient Greeks shouted everything at each other) and pointless--he was trying the whole movie to explain why he was taking his whole army all the way across the world--i didnt understand any more than they did
it didnt help i dont like the major players
Angelina Jolie as mom--she is just  
Val Kilmer as dad--he makes the oddest role choices anymore
Anthony Hopkins as the interested observer/narrator--in bad old man makeup
and Colin Farrell as Alexander--he looked sad through the whole movie--i have no idea why--it was that disjointed

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Went to the movies on friday night and wated The Brothers Grimm with Heath Ledger and Matt Damon.

The movie incorporated a good number of fairytales and definitely had it's amusing parts mixed in with the horror bits.

I personally enjoyed the movie and although some of the jokes were a touch adult oriented I'd say kids 12 and up shouldn't have a problem watching it at all...... and hopefully those younger wouldn't get those jokes
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Flightplan

Don't see it.  Plot holes galore and an anticlimactic ending.  Jodie Foster does a terrific job, but even she can't save this movie.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't get to watch many movies so I can't help with recommendations but TAG for ideas when and if I ever make it to a rental store.

Patty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top