Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 7:01:56 PM EDT
i think we should make this ongoing--whatever movie you want to post about--new in the theater, new on DVDs or oldie goldies

hubby and i were lazy today and watched two DVDs

first was The Longest Yard, with Adam Sandler, Chris Rock and Burt Reynolds

it was pretty good--i think chris rock is really funny, so that was good for me--some of the humor was a little offbeat, but i enjoyed it
fun performances by Burt and Nelly (the hiphop singer)
you dont have to know a thing about football to get it, either--though i think we all enjoy our football here

second was Alexander--now anyone who has seen me extol the virtues of other movies with hairy, sweaty men (think Gladiator and Troy) would think i wouldve loved this

this movie was excruciating--long (2hr40minits), loud (apparently ancient Greeks shouted everything at each other) and pointless--he was trying the whole movie to explain why he was taking his whole army all the way across the world--i didnt understand any more than they did
it didnt help i dont like the major players
Angelina Jolie as mom--she is just  
Val Kilmer as dad--he makes the oddest role choices anymore
Anthony Hopkins as the interested observer/narrator--in bad old man makeup
and Colin Farrell as Alexander--he looked sad through the whole movie--i have no idea why--it was that disjointed

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Went to the movies on friday night and wated The Brothers Grimm with Heath Ledger and Matt Damon.

The movie incorporated a good number of fairytales and definitely had it's amusing parts mixed in with the horror bits.

I personally enjoyed the movie and although some of the jokes were a touch adult oriented I'd say kids 12 and up shouldn't have a problem watching it at all...... and hopefully those younger wouldn't get those jokes
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Flightplan

Don't see it.  Plot holes galore and an anticlimactic ending.  Jodie Foster does a terrific job, but even she can't save this movie.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't get to watch many movies so I can't help with recommendations but TAG for ideas when and if I ever make it to a rental store.

Patty
Top Top