Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 8:03:10 PM EDT
I want to know about this so called 6th sense that I’ve had some women describe to me.  As far as I can tell it’s some sort of cosmic power that women possess that gives them information about a man and if he is taken or wanted by other women…even if he is hundreds of miles away.

Here is why I want to know.  All summer long I was trying to find cute single women to go out and have fun with.  I traveled, went on motorcycle rides, went fishing, and had my boat out all the time.  I spent all summer taking a female friend of mine but I could never find a cute single girl to take.  I had profiles and pictures up on several different websites such as Yahoo, MySpace, and Hot or Not.  Yahoo and MySpace sat with no interest at all.  Hot or Not had very sparse responses.  I wasn’t trying to hard or anything like that…I just wasn’t coming in contact with them.

Then I happen to find a very attractive, smart girl that has huge potential.  Her qualities are remarkable compared to others I have met.  I started talking to her about 2 weeks ago and have seen her twice.  Here is what I don’t understand, no sooner than I had setup my first date with her BAM the next day cute single girls start messaging me on the internet.  The day after that more girls matched up and messaged me…the same with the day after that.  I go on the first date and we hit it off.  Guess what, the flood gates opened, I was having 5 to 6 girls a day matching up with my on websites or responding to my emails.  My profiles which sat dormant all summer were now getting all sorts of activity.  Heck I was even walking through a parking lot and had a girl start flirting with me in an obvious way…that has never happened before!  

Here is the real kicker, last night I called the girl and setup plans for Sunday and told her we would talk later.  She seemed a little distant, not sure why or if that’s just how she is, today I didn’t hear from her, she said she would get off work around 8pm but 11pm came and still no call.  So I figure she’s might flake, I wasn’t sure what was up and was getting a little disappointed because I definitely want to know more about this girl.  Anyway as I’m feeling a little down this afternoon about her being distant the night before, out of the blue a girl I haven’t talked to in at least 6 months IM’s me and wants to go for a motorcycle ride!  This is a girl I talked to but never met.  I’m thinking this is very odd...but not surprising given what has been happening.   Anyway I chat with her, no big deal and set a time up to take her for a ride.  I wanted to go for a ride anyway.  I take her for a motorcycle ride say see you later and that was that.  We didn’t really even talk, just went on a ride.  Anyway late tonight I finally call the girl I’m really interested in knowing more about and find out she got stuck working a big table and had to work late.  We finalize the plans for the morning and everything seems to be better.  No sooner than I hang up with her and I get a call from the girl I took for a ride.  Actually it was her friends calling for her, it turned out to be a group of hot young college girls going to a party and wanting me to come out and party with them.  WTF, it is like they knew I they were losing me to another woman and were making an effort for me.

So I want to know how it is women can sense when I guy gets taken and then decide they want him to.  None of the girls that talked to me on the computer knew about the first girl, my behavior hasn’t change, my profile has changed…but all of a sudden they decide they just have to talk to me.

Now comes my rant, why couldn’t this have happened 4 months ago, before I met this really great girl.  I turned the college girls down because it would be stupid of me to get greedy and risk screwing things up with the girl I’m interested in.  I’m not in any type of committed relationship with this girl but she is extremely nice and has been hurt in the past and I don’t want to draw any correlation between me and any asshole she might have dated.  So I behaved.  Also, even if I hadn’t found this great girl, now summer is over, gas prices are high, my money is tight, and I’m busier at work.  I can’t have as much fun as I could have during the summer if I had all these girls chasing me.  Why do I feel like someone is getting a kick out of torturing me either keeping women away or sending them in droves after I find a good one?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Ooooh, I want a answer on this one!

Tag.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto! TAG!

And what is it with women and guys who are assholes? Nice guys get thrown into the friend zone, and the assholes always get the dates.

Women. Can't live with em, (insert favorite ending here). Can't live without em, of course
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#3]
To be honest wihtyou I think its coincidence.  Most likely things are heating up now because women are in more and looking at the computer where as a month ago they were at a bbq or dinner party.

However it could be the age old "I want what I can't have" syndrom.  None the less you need to decide if you're willing to risk the potential relationship you have with this girl to pursue a relationship with the others.

Best of luck, Patty

*ETA* NAM you get that rash healed up and I'll set you up with my sister okay?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ditto! TAG!

And what is it with women and guys who are assholes? Nice guys get thrown into the friend zone, and the assholes always get the dates.

Women. Can't live with em, (insert favorite ending here). Can't live without em, of course

Hey, get your own thread.    Your question has actually been answered several times in General Discussion.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Hey, get your own thread.    Your question has actually been answered several times in General Discussion.

*runs to the search function*

lol...You're just jealous cause im getting set up with Patty's sis

(Patty: hands are getting much better. Skin is slowly growing back. Thanks again! )
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#6]
NAM glad to hear that. It was my kiss that made it better right?   Patty
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Dude!
Your first mistake is believing you can understand a woman's explanation.
Silly YOU!

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Dude!
Your first mistake is believing you can understand a woman's explanation.
Silly YOU!

Women actually aren't that complex once you know what's going on.  See my zero dollar first date thread.  Just to summarize we had fun, spent a lot of time together, it didn't cost me anything, and I got a follow up date.  Compare that to some of the guys here who drop $60 to $150 on a date and all they get is a "thanks".  Today was another zero dollar date with the girl that wanted a motorcycle ride...that ended up with a car full of girls asking me to party with them.  Since I turned them down they are either thinking, I'm either seeing someone else or I'm a wuss that doesn't know how to have fun.  They said they would call tomorrow night, notice the women are calling me to go out, if I turn them down again then I'll have blown my chances with them...unless I come up with a good excuse or counter offer.  See how simple that is.    

I'm just curious to see if the women here say that the 6th sense is real or if it's just a matter of circumstance that makes it seem that way.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I do not think that what you are describing has anything to do with 'a sixth sense' but is merely circumstancial.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:28:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I do not think that what you are describing has anything to do with 'a sixth sense' but is merely circumstancial.

That is interesting that both of you think that.  The other day on my lunch break at I was at Kroger with my female boss, I of course chose to checkout with the cute checkout girl and even though I was watching every movement of her body language I could not tell if she had any type of reaction towards me until she messed up my change.  My boss however told me that the girl really liked me.  I asked if she could give specifics of what she noticed and she said she couldn't...she just felt it.  She said it was more of a 6th sense that she had.  

The amount of women I have wanting to talk to me is so high I just can't see how it's all a coincidence.  In the past week I went from 4 months of nothing to to 3 on MySpace, 5 on Yahoo, and right now I have 37 contacts on Hot or Not all of which are cute compared to maybe 5 cute ones two weeks ago.  In my life I have never had this much interest from people...so I'm a little awestruck with it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:37:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:17:24 AM EDT
[#12]
When men are born, they are tagged with magnetic chips with a certain code, when this code (that women are born with naturally) is detected within a certain geographic area, the signal is sent to women having this "cosmic" code match, which  scrambles the males natural "only into self" mindset, therefore making him aware of his surrounding enough to notice there are other potential females in the 3D world, not those images he unrealistically zones into as those found on paper or on screens.  When this takes place, it makes a HUGE popping sound, of which I am not sure how to spell,
"ThekdTottOP".

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:23:53 AM EDT
[#13]
The feast or famine principle...that simple.

Seriously...

It really is that simple...
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#14]
When I was in Middle School and High School, I was absolutely convinced that all women were mind readers and could gape into the brain of any unsuspecting joe puberty like myself.

Now that I"m a bit older, I'm pretty sure that  it's not true ;)

As for the thread, I have experienced the same of a lot of what's mentioned above.   I'd go on dry spells for months, finally meet a girl, then coincedentally, women would be flirting and chatting it up with me left and right.  Same with the "Want what they don't have" theory,  had a girl break up with me... wouldn't talk to my ass for months.  When I finally moved on and got another girl, the first girl was beating down my door wanting to work things out :)  

Lastly, about the "Girls can tell if other girls like a guy" is ABSOLUTELY TRUE.   Every time I'm with a female friend shopping or whatever, and we get a female waitress/cashier, my friend can tell me (not just the same female, ANY girl!) if she likes me.

Mysteries of the universe I say.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Lots of theories... full moon, barometric pressure, something in the stars?  

But this seems a common thread.... in my life, when I am absolutely the LEAST interested in male companionship, they come sniffing around.  Perhaps a confidence thing or an attraction to "genuine" behavior.  

That internet stuff... um no clue... every one looking for someone for a Memorial Day date?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#16]
ya know swire, my buddy had the same thing happen to him not that long ago, whtat i think it is, is the competitive nature of the beast(and i mean this in a big brother pickin' on his lil sister way ladies), its like the sharks with the blood in the water and the feeding frenzy, they all sense blood is in the water and the competition meter kicks in....been doing my own anthropological study  on my buddy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#18]
wait wait

arent you mr ladder theory??  the guy with all the answers out in GD??

figure it out your damn self  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
wait wait

LoL

I don't think Swire was the ladder theory guy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
wait wait

No, I'm the Double Your Dating guy.  It's totally different.  It uses the same principle of the ladder theory the friend or lover categories but it lacks all the womam bashing.  Instead it teaches guys how to turn into strong confident fun guys that women love to be around.  All the answers I have deal with how guys should think or behave so they attract women.

I was looking to see if women could confirm or deny what I was thinking.  Most seem to deny it but it's happend/happening so much lately that even though they deny it there must be something else to it.  For example, I had a very good date with the girl I liked yesterday afternoon.  I got home and had an email from one girl I hadn't talk to in a week, a phone call from another girl, the today I was IM'd by 3 other girls I haven't talked to in a very long time.  Coincidence....I don't see how.  Every time I go out with the girl I like the next day I'm flooded with girls wanting to talk to me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Swire you know women do have a "6th" sense so to speak.  You know how mothers have eyes in the back of their heads or know their child is ill even though he's away at camp.  Who knows, maybe that telepathy so to speak speaks volumes. Then again MAYBE you protray yourself differently [more confidently maybe] when you're seeing someone which makes you more attractive?

Patty
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:24:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Then again MAYBE you protray yourself differently [more confidently maybe] when you're seeing someone which makes you more attractive?

That's always been my theory.

Single males do have this aura of desperation. lol...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:47:13 AM EDT
[#23]
there women dude!   its impossible to understand them!  dont try!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Just clone yourself so there is enough to go around.......sheesh

Have you taken a shower lately?  Maybe women are like animals and they can tell when you are ready for a "commitment"  you give off some odor or something..?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
To be honest wihtyou I think its coincidence.  Most likely things are heating up now because women are in more and looking at the computer where as a month ago they were at a bbq or dinner party.

However it could be the age old "I want what I can't have" syndrom.  None the less you need to decide if you're willing to risk the potential relationship you have with this girl to pursue a relationship with the others.

Best of luck, Patty

*ETA* NAM you get that rash healed up and I'll set you up with my sister okay?

Nonsense!

I don't think women have a "6th sense" but I am convinced that they are FAR more attuned to confidence.

Men don't act the same when they are looking as when they are busy and engaged in multiple aspects of their life.  It is these men, who are hard to obtain and have a lot of OTHER things going that are attractive.  It might not seem obvious to you but how fast you return messages, how many times you turn down subtle hints and how you carry yourself in general are all areas that change dramatically when you have multiple prospects.

I think that women sense this without any effort and without knowing it in the same way that we are facinated with projectile motion (balls, bullets, cars, planes).  It's hard wired.

I don't even think it really has to do with other women so much as it has to do with being "engaged" in life.  That brings the most perceptive women who in turn bring the less perceptive (but highly competitive) women to the table.  Before you know it it's raining like a Katrina tendril.

And just FYI, I used to take the "perfect gentleman" approach to dating.  Hell, I still hold out my hand for the young women getting out of the cab on the street, (even if I've not been traveling with them).

Over time I have been systematically weaned off this approach.  It gets you no where unless your definiation of "somewhere" is being the "dating advisor" for the hot model you have a thing for and being subjected to her many failed forays into asshole-investment-bankerdom.

I never call women back anymore.  I intentionally inject just enough "busy asshole" into the system to compete with my many other "busy asshole" rivals out there.  I hate that this artifice is required, but it is a learned behavior on my part.

YMMV
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Swire you know women do have a "6th" sense so to speak.  You know how mothers have eyes in the back of their heads or know their child is ill even though he's away at camp.  Who knows, maybe that telepathy so to speak speaks volumes. Then again MAYBE you protray yourself differently [more confidently maybe] when you're seeing someone which makes you more attractive?

Patty

I totally agree with you Patty, In my personal life I've noticed that I get "noticed" more now that I'm with someone, and I think that the confidence factor is most of it.  
I've also noticed that a lot of girls/women are more attracted to attached men (if some one else likes them he must be a good catch), and a lot of people want what they can't have.  Could have been too that no one was interested in dating and/or getting attached during the summertime.  If you are interested in scoping out dating sites online, check out eharmony, I had great luck in meeting my fiancee there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:39:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Actually this applies to both sexes.  One day it seems like no man is interested; the next they seem to be crawling out of the woodwork.  Maybe it is just that everyone wants what they think they can't have.

But since you think this is happening even over the internet, do some research on biorythems.  This seems to explain what you are referring to - and it does seem to hold true.

The last explanation would be that you finally learned to follow and understand that book you are always going on about  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:45:28 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Actually this applies to both sexes.  One day it seems like no man is interested; the next they seem to be crawling out of the woodwork.  Maybe it is just that everyone wants what they think they can't have.

But since you think this is happening even over the internet, do some research on biorythems.  This seems to explain what you are referring to - and it does seem to hold true.

The last explanation would be that you finally learned to follow and understand that book you are always going on about  

Biorhythms???
Shoot...and all this time I thought I was hot...

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:01:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Whatever; all the women on here think they are hot.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:15:10 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Ditto! TAG!

+1, I keep getting stuck in the friend zone, great as my friendships with women are, I'm having trouble getting the kind of serious relationship I'd really like
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Whatever; all the women on here think they are hot.

Don't make me come over there.......
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ditto! TAG!

+1, I keep getting stuck in the friend zone, great as my friendships with women are, I'm having trouble getting the kind of serious relationship I'd really like

Join the club.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ditto! TAG!

Join the club.

+100
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top