Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 10:42:23 AM EDT
What gives? I mentioned to SP1Grrl that we ladies seem to be ultra silly these last few days and the men seem ultra angry (I'll admit to some lurking in the pit).
I noticed last nite it was a full moon...anyone else care to theorize on the why of this Arfcom mystery?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no idea why it is the way it is, but it isn't just on arfcom. Everyone goes a little crazy with a full moon. Ask any police officer, hospital staffer, nursing home employee. things always go crazy on the full moon.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#3]
We've been hanging out so long that we're all on the same cycle? The men of course have an opposite cycle
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The animals always act a little funny during a full moon.  If the moon can pull the tides, wouldn't it make sense that it could affect our bodies as well?

Considering how much of our bodies are water, yes.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:53:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The animals always act a little funny during a full moon.  If the moon can pull the tides, wouldn't it make sense that it could affect our bodies as well?

Considering how much of our bodies are water, yes.

Exactly my point.

And I think it's a good one and agree completely.

And sorry for coming into your forum, I got here via 'active topics' w/o paying attention to exactly where this thread was located.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Not too feisty with Legend: he was the first on ARFCOM to ask for a pic (he didn't get one though) before he was willing to play in my mines of double entendre.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Im mellow these days.  I like the full moon.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mellow and Lumpy don't go in the same sentence together.

Blasphemer!

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blaspemer!

Im always chilly.  Doesnt mean Im not ready to spread hate and discontent at a moments notice
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:59:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blasphemer!

Fixed it for you.

Thanks.  Not often do I misspell a word.  Knew I could count on you guys to correct me.

No problem...now I am going back to bed.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Not too feisty with Legend: he was the first on ARFCOM to ask for a pic (he didn't get one though) before he was willing to play in my mines of double entendre.

Hi Playmore.  I'm glad you remembered me.  I haven't seen you in a while, I've missed you.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Tonight is the full-moon, I think.  And you can sure tell my son is affected by that stuff.  Didn't believe it until he was born.  Generally, knew about the shifts in barometric pressure (like right before a storm) affecting some folks.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I knew it was a full moon tonight as soon as I woke up from a dream about catnip.  I stretched all four paws as far as I could, yawned a big snaggle toothed yawn, arched my back and tail, and jumped off the bed.

I knew it would be a meow mix kind of day.

CHA CHA CHA

How apparent is it that I need a vacation?

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't know if it's the moon or the sudden removal of nicotine from my system that has me riled up.

Probably the nicotine thing though......I live on onreyness,nicotine and Red Bull. Now I'm down to Red Bull and onreyness....

GT
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I don't know if it's the moon or the sudden removal of nicotine from my system that has me riled up.

Probably the nicotine thing though......I live on onreyness,nicotine and Red Bull. Now I'm down to Red Bull and onreyness....

GT

Ditch the red bull for coffee with anisette. Then you won't miss the nicotine!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Gak! Anise is teh nasty! Besides, Red Bull keeps the skeeters from biting me. If I skip the Red Bull, the skeets will chew me up. What I need is Red Bull and vodka. Then I won't care that I am missing the nicotine!

But I doubt they want me drunk and cranky at work. Looks like I'll just be waiting it out.

GT
Don't smoke kids. If you need a bad habit, take up something cheap and socially acceptable. Like heroin.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gak! Anise is teh nasty! Besides, Red Bull keeps the skeeters from biting me. If I skip the Red Bull, the skeets will chew me up. What I need is Red Bull and vodka. Then I won't care that I am missing the nicotine!

But I doubt they want me drunk and cranky at work. Looks like I'll just be waiting it out.

GT
Don't smoke kids. If you need a bad habit, take up something cheap and socially acceptable. Like heroin.

I'm a Guinea...raised on that and dago red wine once weaned
But I like Vodka...(Guessing GT is the only person unaware of that)
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GT

<smacks head>

Anise.  Duh.  Damn, i'm an idiot today.  

Just today? (be nice) Having a blonde moment?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GT

I'm a Guinea...raised on that and dago red wine once weaned
But I like Vodka...(Guessing GT is the only person unaware of that)

Heh...why do you think I put that in there? Sheesh woman! Don't you remember the IM's? There was mention of duct tape? Gags? Sure, just use me for your tawdry entertainment and then throw me away...*sniff*
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GT

<smacks head>

Anise.  Duh.  Damn, i'm an idiot today.  

She's blonde...but she's sharp!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

WTH?

Sorry. Skosh snarky today. No offense intended.

She's blonde... but she's sharp

Y'all are sharp in here. I'm a bit of a dumbass smartass and it gets ahead of me sometimes.

Recent conversation between me and my wife...
Me: "Let's see if I can get across the tracks before the train is too close.."
Wife: "Where's the train?"
Me:"On the tracks...."
Wife: *SMACK!* "You suck!"
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Sorry I'm a little late; work has me a bit busy tonight...

Good enough?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:39:17 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTH?

Sorry. Skosh snarky today. No offense intended.

She's blonde... but she's sharp

Y'all are sharp in here. I'm a bit of a dumbass smartass and it gets ahead of me sometimes.

Recent conversation between me and my wife...
Me: "Let's see if I can get across the tracks before the train is too close.."
Wife: "Where's the train?"
Me:"On the tracks...."
Wife: *SMACK!* "You suck!"

I respect a wife well educated in the "biff" method of husband training............

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:27:41 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I respect a wife well educated in the "biff" method of husband training............

Yeah, my mom gave her lessons. Never ever pop off to mom. The last time I did, when she went to slap me, I (being a quick thinking dumbass) grabbed her wrist. I did not see her other hand coming around to complete the task.

My dad snuck up on her and scared her once. She hit him with a skillet He doesn't do that anymore...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top