Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 10:14:44 PM EDT

Finally got back    

Here are some of the pics (sorry about the poor quality scans - the pictures themselves are very nice).  We like the B/W photos the guy shot the best, but some of the color ones were pretty good too - I won't bore you with a bunch, but just post a few nice ones.  

This one is fantastic:

These are really nice too:

Some of the color ones were nice too, like this one

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice pics, I have always liked black and white.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:19:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Ran off to Hawaii to get married?

3rd pic is really nice.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats!!!!!

Great pics!!!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:25:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ran off to Hawaii to get married?

Yup - north shore of Kauai (on Hanalei Bay).  Absoutely beautiful.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Awww...

I love weddings.

You two look terrific together.  Gorgeous pictures.  Congrats, and wishes for best of luck.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:45:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice pics. Congrats and best wishes.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:40:23 AM EDT
[#7]
It looks so beautiful and she looks so in love.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:45:02 AM EDT
[#8]
great pics and congrats
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:45:58 AM EDT
[#9]

beautiful people alert!!!

you both look so happy  

some of my favorite pix from my sister's wedding are the black and white's--our photographer was great and the pix are wonderful but no B& W
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:45:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yup.

Those are really pretty pictures, the bride is gorgeous, groom handsome, background is sooooooo spectacular.  Must have been a perfect day.

I'm so happy for you!  

So romantic... walking down the beach.  <sigh>  OK, I'll stop now.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:06:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Great pics.
Congrats!
And you deffinitely married up.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:07:38 AM EDT
[#12]
What lovely pictures!  And you are such an attractive couple.

I hope you are always as in love and happy together as you look in the pics.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:09:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:12:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow, just wow.

Congrats to the both of you and may you have a happy and healthy life together.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:40:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Thanks everyone!      She does look awesome, and I definitely married up!  

Quoted:
Post more!

But - since those are mushy pictures, and show kissing - I feel compelled to include this very manly picture of me surfing as well.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:32:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=40654

Dude, where are the wooden shoes?

You married her for the citizenship, didn't you?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Great pics. Shes definetely a cutie and you aint too bad yourself especially being polish and all.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Dude, where are the wooden shoes?

Yeah....You promised pics of you in wooden shoes.  Do yourself a favor though, just go ahead and post them over in the photoshopping forum, we'll get to them shortly
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Nice pics, DK.  Congratulations!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Probably some of the best wedding photos I've ever seen. Congrats to both of you.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Great pictures DK!  Your wife is beautiful...and you clean up pretty well too!

Congratulations!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Beautiful pictures!  Congratulations and best wishes for a long, happy life together!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Gorgeous photographs!!!

Congratulations and might I add.. by looking at the bride.. you got damn lucky
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Very nice, very romantic, and very manly there on the surf.  Congratulations
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:28:35 PM EDT
[#27]
DK, what's the significance of your attire.

Military dress uniform?

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Military dress uniform?

It's a Danish army uniform, but much more subdued than the dress uniform.  Specifically, it would translate to "mess uniform" or "social uniform" (I think).  You use it for things like formal dinners, parties, etc. - and if you want to be a little less formal, you can use it with a black cummerbund instead of the white vest.

I thought about the full dress uniform, but decided against it for several reasons - including the fact that it is much more ostentatious (bright crimson jacket, blue pants with silver stripe, etc. - as in my avatar ) and I wanted something more classy and subtle to go with her gorgeous dress - not something that would compete with it.  (Plus, the dress uniform is very heavy wool, which would be awful in hawaii - it's bad enough in Denmark during the summer).  The downside is that I already had my old dress uniform, but had to have the regimental tailor make me a new mess uniform - and actually ended up having to fly to Denmark for the final fitting .  Ironically, I actually have an old mess uniform (from when my dad was in the regiment), but I simply could no longer fit in it.

Because the mess uniform is very simple, I just had my rank epulettes on the shoulders, a regimental crest on the right side, and the queens monogram on the left (signifying those who served directly in her personal guard).

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Great pics DK-PROF, i hope you two have a happy and long life together
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:13:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Stunning couple!!! Best wishes for a happy life together!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:29:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Utterly striking photos and your bride is beautiful, thank you for sharing the photos and may your life with her be filled with joy.

My other half is from Hilo, her mother and her family from the mainland attended a wedding in June around the same area as yours.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:47:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
You married her for the citizenship, didn't you?

One step closer in his diabolical plan to aquire a CMP Garand. muahahahahah  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:12:20 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

+1  Can someone please pass the tissues?  {I always cry at weddings, even if I don't know anyone}

DK-Prof tell me about your Tux/Uniform when you have time.  Patty

*ETA* No worries, I just read what you wrote about your uniform
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:17:06 AM EDT
[#34]
great pics. congrats
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:40:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Great photos! Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:02:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Military dress uniform?

It's a Danish army uniform, but much more subdued than the dress uniform.  Specifically, it would translate to "mess uniform" or "social uniform" (I think).  You use it for things like formal dinners, parties, etc. - and if you want to be a little less formal, you can use it with a black cummerbund instead of the white vest.

I thought about the full dress uniform, but decided against it for several reasons - including the fact that it is much more ostentatious (bright crimson jacket, blue pants with silver stripe, etc. - as in my avatar ) and I wanted something more classy and subtle to go with her gorgeous dress - not something that would compete with it.  (Plus, the dress uniform is very heavy wool, which would be awful in hawaii - it's bad enough in Denmark during the summer).  The downside is that I already had my old dress uniform, but had to have the regimental tailor make me a new mess uniform - and actually ended up having to fly to Denmark for the final fitting .  Ironically, I actually have an old mess uniform (from when my dad was in the regiment), but I simply could no longer fit in it.

Because the mess uniform is very simple, I just had my rank epulettes on the shoulders, a regimental crest on the right side, and the queens monogram on the left (signifying those who served directly in her personal guard).

Phenomenal photgrapher...those are pictures to treasure.  I've seen lots of good stuff in my time but those are some of the best wedding photos I have ever seen.....and I DESPISE such mushy stuff....but those were actually a pleasure to look at.  Very tasteful and wonderfully shot.......someone definitely knows what to do with available light.

I am very disappointied in one thing only...you didn't wear you Psychopolitician Merit Badge on your uniform.......if you would have I would have sent freedomfighter a couple of prints of your wedding......

I wish you two the very best.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Thanks everyone for all the nice sentiments!   (... even the jokers! )

The pictures really are incredibly nice (and the photographer was super-friendly as well) - and we're definitely going to be self-indulgent and have a couple of them blown up.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Phenomenal photgrapher...those are pictures to treasure.  I've seen lots of good stuff in my time but those are some of the best wedding photos I have ever seen.....and I DESPISE such mushy stuff....but those were actually a pleasure to look at.  Very tasteful and wonderfully shot.......someone definitely knows what to do with available light.

Indeed, outstanding photography.

Congratulations
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Congrats buddy, Wish both of oyu the best....
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm jealous... my wife would be too.

Seriously guys... the pics are beautiful. Have a happy life together.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Great pics!  Congrats on the marriage!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Thanks everyone for all the nice sentiments!   (... even the jokers! )

The pictures really are incredibly nice (and the photographer was super-friendly as well) - and we're definitely going to be self-indulgent and have a couple of them blown up.

You are SO HOT you crazy dutchman!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:15:58 AM EDT
[#43]
WOW!!! Beautiful pictures!!!

The bride is  absolutely gorgeous, (you are a very lucky man).

And you too look quite handsome. (say I, in a totally manly non-gay way)......
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Awesome!

Congrats to you both!

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:25:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Congrats DK!!!  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#46]

Thanks everyone!

We've had tons of people tell us how impressed they are with the pictures.  Either that's something that everyone says to all newly-weds - or this photographer really was amazing.  I'm leaning towards the latter.

We just agree to buy the negatives (and copyrights) - it'll be nice to be able to make whatever prints and enlargements we want.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Thanks everyone!

We've had tons of people tell us how impressed they are with the pictures.  Either that's something that everyone says to all newly-weds - or this photographer really was amazing.  I'm leaning towards the latter.

We just agree to buy the negatives (and copyrights) - it'll be nice to be able to make whatever prints and enlargements we want.

I don't think everyone is blowing sunshine up your ass. The pictures are outstanding. Besides, all that matters is that you like them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:48:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Great pics, especially the B&W, that is my favorite to work with.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#49]
No, I don't think anyone is 'blowing smoke', they really are very nice. They look like the kind of picture that you might find in a new wallet, of the pretty young couple with the kids and the dog and such...

And I too like the B/W over the color, but they are all very well done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top