Posted: 8/3/2005 6:36:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ladies,  can you offer some insight as to why it is that so many men seem to have such an aversion
to a woman's natural body hair (armpit in particular, leg hair too) that the mere sight of it can send
them into strangeland?   They start cracking jokes about it or making unwarranted comments about the girl.

What's wrong with a woman appearing in a truly all natural form?   It's clearly OK for men to do it,
as evidenced by the number of men who have obviously never even THOUGHT of shaving their armpits,
backs, chests, arms, legs, or abdomens,   but if a woman should show a little stubble on her legs
or, horror of horrors, have a little patch of hair under her arms,   these guys act like they just saw
some sort of freak of nature.

Now, granted,  I don't think I'd be very excited to see a girl who has as much body hair as I do
(REALLY!!!),   but don't you think that these guys are overreacting?

What do you think it is that's their issue, anyway?   What's wrong with some body hair on a woman?

I got to thinking about this after someone posted a pic of Julia Roberts in another topic recently,
and it showed her showing a LITTLE bit of armpit hair.   The comments relating to it were not at all
complimentary,  despite the fact that she's as cute as ever.    

And while I'm at it,  what do you ladies individually think about shaving or letting your body hair grow?

CJ

Ugh...

I do the body maintenance expected by the ladies and I expect them to return the favor.  No hairy chicks.

Grody.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's clearly OK for men to do it,
as evidenced by the number of men who have obviously never even THOUGHT of shaving their armpits,
backs, chests, arms, legs, or abdomens,  

In my experience women frown on men with body hair. I know because Iam hairy. On that note whats fair is fair. Men dont like women with hairy legs and women dont like men with hairy backs. There is a double standard for sure though. Women are programmed to spend much more time grooming. John Lennon wrote a song that sums it up pretty good.

I wouldnt let a womens body hair keep me from being interested in her. Physical attraction will only take a relationship so far.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I hate hair on me, but I don't mind hair on men, in fact I think it is sexy.

Nose and ear hair, gotta go though.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry CMJ but you're going to be out numbered here.  If left el natural I would look like Big Foots Twin Sister, not a pretty sight.  When I was younger I shaved, waxed and tweezed for my man, now I do it for myself.  There's a gal that lives down the street from me that I swear has more body hair than My husband - I have to fight the urge not to bring up topics of hot wax or shaving cream.

I'm for the keep it clean crowd.  How you coming on those high notes of the National Anthem?

Patty
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#8]
France is thattaway -->
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:09:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I gotta say, I like it ALL shaved.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I hate hair on me, but I don't mind hair on men, in fact I think it is sexy.

Nose and ear hair, gotta go though.

Exactly!

I like to be smooth, soft, and shaved.  Its a woman thing.

Touching a smooth man would feel like touching a woman, just not appealing to me.

+1 on the nose/ear hair trim though.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:45:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Sorry, shaving the arms and legs is a definate. It's not normal otherwise. Guys on the other hand......and I agree ear and nose hair have to go. After living overseas for about 3 years and seeing the lack of personal attention it would/is a big turn off. So have you mastered the high notes yet????
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:47:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:56:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Exactly!

I like to be smooth, soft, and shaved.  Its a woman thing.

Touching a smooth man would feel like touching a woman, just not appealing to me.

+1 on the nose/ear hair trim though.

That's the reason we like women to shave - hairy parts remind us of fellow guys.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:30:57 AM EDT
[#14]
I shave every day. Without fail. I will NOT allow my legs to get even a minute amount of stubble. I am not the girliest girl you'll ever meet, but grooming is something I refuse to scrimp on. I even shaved my legs over a nasty sunburn this year...my hubby could not believe it. I reminded him that in all the years we've been married he's never climbed into bed with a woman with stubble...
As far as men with hair? Some on the chest is OK. On the back? Get it waxed...it just looks too much like a primate to turn me on. But that's ME...some ladies LIKE hairy guys. I like facial hair, so long as it's groomed...and am a SUCKER for aguy sporting a Van Dyke....<<Sigh>>
It all comes down to just because we're born hairy, doesn't mean we should not groom. If ya get your hair on your head cut, why not the rest?
On that note: someone made a comment on removing "all of it." I don't go for that look either. <Treads delicately> we're women...not GIRLS...I keep it groomed and neat...but I see no neet to resemble my "prepubescent self" when I am in my 30's.

And them's my thoughts on that!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:01:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

In my experience women frown on men with body hair. .

This isn't true for EVERY woman..!  I think hairy men are sexy.  I don't like the waxed or shaven or can't-grow-it look.

As for me... I like to be shaven.  I think it looks and feels better.  I like the feel of smooth legs.  It's true though that some men DO over react when they see a woman with a little bit of leg hair or arm pit hair.  Good grief guys, I mean it grows pretty quick and with Julia Roberts busy schedule... she might have missed a day of shaving.  Not the end of the world.  No armpit cooties are going to jump out of the picture onto you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:03:18 AM EDT
[#16]
body and armpit hair is for dykes
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:34:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
In my experience women frown on men with body hair.

Another woman speaking up to say I LOVE a man with body hair. (damn good thing too as  MrGH is a rather hairy guy )

As far as women, I shave almost daily, some days are harder then others now with a toddler underfoot. I do it mostly for me because I like to feel good about myself, some for MrGh because as he says, "I don't want to wake up with a hairy ass next to me."
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:35:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:41:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Lookswise, guys (generally) want other men (and women) to find their lady attractive.  If all gorgeous women started growing hair, it would become THE thing to do.  In the old days, women did all kinds of stuff to fit the norm... like wearing gowns that made them look pregnant and plucking their hairline back to look bald.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:51:57 AM EDT
[#20]
I shave everything, every day, without fail.  Thank the stars for the Gillette Venus.

As for the whole "prepubescent look" to each his own.  My partner loves it, and he would never be attracted to a little girl, it's a heightened experience for both of us, and I feel "cleaner" and therefore, more comfortable.
Nothing wrong with that, I say.

And CMJohnson..as they say...when in Rome, right?

And movie stars can get away with little "attention getting stunts" like that, because they ARE Movie stars.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:00:56 AM EDT
[#21]
I think I just threw up a little bit in the back of my mouth.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:24:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

ewwwwwwwwwwwww Rodent!
Eb!!!!!!!!!!!!
Biff him in the back of the head so he'll swallow and not spew.....
Yah...like you don't see the post after mine  "coming"

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:54:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Hmm...Ok, Rodent.  I've been scratching my little head trying to figure out whether it's the thought of women with body hair that has you a bit nauseous, or my post directly above yours.

Out with it.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:35:11 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Well, cmjohnson, I guess you'll be taking your citizenship test over.  You are in America now--the United States of America.  Our ladies shave most every place hair grows--and smell good.  They treat us men well and are the best women on earth.  God bless them.  

Now go sing The Star Spangled Banner until you can hit all the high notes.  

ETA:  And Julia (NOT VERY "Pretty Woman") Roberts had a frigging bird's nest--not "a LITTLE bit of armpit hair."  Blech!  

That was probably the best response to this thread.  Pretty much covered it all.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:48:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmm...Ok, Rodent.  I've been scratching my little head trying to figure out whether it's the thought of women with body hair that has you a bit nauseous, or my post directly above yours.

Out with it.

NO!! Keep it in!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:07:45 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

The only hair a woman needs is on her head and her eyebrows.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

*cough*eyelashes*cough*
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:59:41 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

*cough*eyelashes*cough*

"flutter, flutter"
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:04:22 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This isn't true for EVERY woman..!  I think hairy men are sexy.  I don't like the waxed or shaven or can't-grow-it look.

I'm glad a few do.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

*cough*eyelashes*cough*

Technicality.......my mistake.  I think you know what I was gettin' at.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm glad a few do.  

Wait a cotton pickin minute here Tso!!!!
Ya want your women COMPLETELY hairless...but YOU're hairy?
Dude...If I can handle 2 legs, 2 underarms, and a bikini line, get yer darn back waxed, bub!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Oh heck.  Since CMJohnson posted this thread...I'm gonna go there.

CM...If you're still monitoring this thread AT ALL.  I'm willing to bet you money that your "ladyfriend" of whom you posted a few weeks back....shaves her pits, legs, etc.

I'm afraid she'd be in the unemployment line pretty darn quickly if she didn't.

That's why MOST American women do shave.  Because it's expected, and it's ingrained into us at a very young age.  I remember the first time I shaved my legs.  I was in the bathtub, probably around the age of 7 or 8.  I used my mom's razor.  Let's just say I didn't do a very good job, and there was ALOT of blood.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I just threw up a little in my mouth...

seems like a trend around here.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You too?

Naaaa.  But if I do get the urge to hurl, would you hold my hair?

Why do some chicks need someone else to hold their hair when they puke?  Have you ever heard of that?  I have met a few, and I don't get it.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You too?

Jeez...a little blood gets you sick to your stomach?

wow.  And they let you shoot firearms, huh?

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:39:39 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You too?

Jeez...a little blood gets you sick to your stomach?

wow.  And they let you shoot firearms, huh?

Nope, the idea of you bleeding makes me sick to my stomach.

oh.  Well, I lived to tell the tale.  So, no worries.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
can you offer some insight as to why it is that so many men seem to have such an aversion
to a woman's natural body hair (armpit in particular, leg hair too) that the mere sight of it can send
them into strangeland?   They start cracking jokes about it or making unwarranted comments about the girl.

I believe that most men prefer the women that they spend time with to appear soft and feminine.  Feminine is not a sign of weakness, lest anyone try to take that route.   And let's face it, hair on a woman's legs or under their arms is the complete opposite of soft and feminine.  

Hair in those places just takes away from the natural beauty of the female form.  Some men only care to fondle certain parts, and some of us like to fondle, and appreciate the whole package.  And nothing ruins the moment quicker, than rubbing stubble the wrong way!

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Several years ago, I met a tour guide who had recently graduated from college, and was planning on spending her summer in Italy.  As I noticed the downy, sun-kissed hair on her legs, I realized this was my first-hand view of a natural woman.

She was very cute...don't mean to be chauvanistic, though perhaps that helped.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm glad a few do.  

Wait a cotton pickin minute here Tso!!!!
Ya want your women COMPLETELY hairless...but YOU're hairy?
Dude...If I can handle 2 legs, 2 underarms, and a bikini line, get yer darn back waxed, bub!

I knew that was coming.  Actually, I...nevermind, I don't want to man card confiscated.  IM me for my retort.  haha
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Ladies,  can you offer some insight as to why it is that so many men seem to have such an aversion

What's wrong with a woman appearing in a truly all natural form?   It's clearly OK for men to do it,
backs, chests, arms, legs, or abdomens,   but if a woman should show a little stubble on her legs
or, horror of horrors, have a little patch of hair under her arms,   these guys act like they just saw
some sort of freak of nature.

Now, granted,  I don't think I'd be very excited to see a girl who has as much body hair as I do
(REALLY!!!),   but don't you think that these guys are overreacting?

What do you think it is that's their issue, anyway?   What's wrong with some body hair on a woman?

I got to thinking about this after someone posted a pic of Julia Roberts in another topic recently,
and it showed her showing a LITTLE bit of armpit hair.   The comments relating to it were not at all
complimentary,  despite the fact that she's as cute as ever.    

And while I'm at it,  what do you ladies individually think about shaving or letting your body hair grow?

CJ

This post smells of moderate to severe perspidesperation  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, crap--I tripped and fell while dashing to hold Persephone's hair back.  

Are you bleeding?

We're still waiting for the lab results, but we suspect that there could be some bleeding on the brain.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Hair in those places just takes away from the natural beauty of the female form. Some men only care to fondle certain parts, and some of us like to fondle, and appreciate the whole package. And nothing ruins the moment quicker, than rubbing stubble the wrong way!

For myself, I find hair in "those places" as a natural and arousing source for retention of my wife's essence, or female "cachet".  It's arousing and natural...it's a nice garden to appreciate!  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:08:36 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You too?

Naaaa.  But if I do get the urge to hurl, would you hold my hair?

Why do some chicks need someone else to hold their hair when they puke?  Have you ever heard of that?  I have met a few, and I don't get it.  

I may not drink alone...but I puke alone...Have Scrunchi...will kegger!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:17:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, crap--I tripped and fell while dashing to hold Persephone's hair back.  

Are you bleeding?

We're still waiting for the lab results, but we suspect that there could be some bleeding on the brain.

Hey!  

Beekeep...I love ya and all...but I am gonna go the SP1Grrl route....
DORK!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top