Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 2:49:30 PM EDT
I am kinda getting worried, after sex sometimes she will hurt but then she will get a sharp intense pain just out of the blue then it will go away.  Is this normal, I cannot see how it would be normal cause its not suppose to be a painful experience
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Did y'all just recently start having sex or have y'all been together for a while and this suddenly started?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Did y'all just recently start having sex or have y'all been together for a while and this suddenly started?

just recently.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#3]
There could be any number of things causing the pain (which is not normal).

She needs to seek the attention of a gyno...she could have an inflammation that is nothing serious to PID (pelvic inflammatory disease), vaginal warts, bacterial infection...anything...seek a gyno and abstain until you know for sure what is causing the pain.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Doesn't sound normal to me.  I would recommend sitting down with her and being frank with her.  Tell her you want it to be as pleasurable as possible and encourage her to have it checked out.  It could be several things from very minor to obviously the opposite end of that spectrum but it doesn't do any good to guess and speculate.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Doesn't sound normal to me.  I would recommend sitting down with her and being frank with her.  Tell her you want it to be as pleasurable as possible and encourage her to have it checked out.  It could be several things from very minor to obviously the opposite end of that spectrum but it doesn't do any good to guess and speculate.

Patty

But it does do good to speculum...........

Sorry...couldn't let a good pun get away...
Seriously though...she needs to seek a gyno's attention...not trying to scare you or her, but when it comes to the plumbing, best to have it checked by a pro.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#7]
DSM-IV
Sexual Pain Disorders
302.76 Dyspareunia
The essential feature of Dyspareunia is a genital pain that is associated with sexual intercourse. Although it is most commonly experienced during coitus, it may also occure before or after intercourse. The disorder can occur in both male sand females. In females, the pain may be described as superficial during intromission or as deep during penile thrusting. The intensity of the symptoms may range from mild discomfort to sharp pain. The disturbance must cause marked distress or interpersonal difficulty.  

Quoted:

just recently.

pain just recently started, or just recently started having sex?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#8]
A lot of women feign things like that instead of coming right out and saying "You're a loathsome and offensive brute, a sexually depraved monster seeking only to gratify your basest and most immediate needs. I feel debased just knowing you exist."  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Possibly irritable bowel.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
A lot of women feign things like that instead of coming right out and saying "You're a loathsome and offensive brute, a sexually depraved monster seeking only to gratify your basest and most immediate needs. I feel debased just knowing you exist."  

Man of experience here?    Patty
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Geez, sounds like foreplay to me.  

You've got a lot to learn then!  Patty
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I am kinda getting worried, after sex sometimes she will hurt but then she will get a sharp intense pain just out of the blue then it will go away.  Is this normal, I cannot see how it would be normal cause its not suppose to be a painful experience

The alien should burst through her ribcage any day now. . . .
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#15]
You didn't say exactly where the pain is.

Here is an odd one.  I was dating a girl that was very concerned about her weight,
to the point of being borderline anorexic.  She didn't eat much and what she did eat
was strange.  Hardly drank water, lived off of Diet soda and coffee.

After intercourse sometimes she would get severe abdominal pain, to the
point of nearly passing out.

After a trip to the ER one night, turns out she was SEVERLY constipated and
clogged and that extra pressure made her bowels go into spasms.  The doc
prescribed a laxative and lots of water.  She became more regular and the pain
went away.

Kind of a weird thing, but it turned out to not really have anything to do with
intercourse at all, so keep an open mind.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

But it does do good to speculum...........

Sorry...couldn't let a good pun get away...
Seriously though...she needs to seek a gyno's attention...not trying to scare you or her, but when it comes to the plumbing, best to have it checked by a pro.

How do you do that? Ditto on all including the pun
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Did you wear a condom?  I have 2 female friends that are allergic to latex.  Condoms cause pain, so they are pill and tested boyfriends only.  Maybe that helps.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Did you wear a condom?  I have 2 female friends that are allergic to latex.  Condoms cause pain, so they are pill and tested boyfriends only.  Maybe that helps.

That's more of a burning sensation.  Cold be the condom, if it's got spermicide, could be the spermicide.  Don't ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:06:48 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was I married to you once?  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#20]
She needs to seek the care of a doctor.  It could be something serious and it may be something very simple.  I would need more detailed info before even guessing what the problem is.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Are ya sure you're putting it in the correct hole???????  

Seriously she needs to see a Dr.  Make the appointment yourself for her if ya have to and drag her ass there if need be.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's more of a burning sensation.  Cold be the condom, if it's got spermicide, could be the spermicide.  Don't ask me how I know.

Tell your friends about the Durex Avanti polyurethane condoms then.  Trojan has one as well, but Durex is lubed, trojan is spermacided.

They're latex free, FDA approved against HIV, and don't degrade in the presence of oils.

Don't feel half bad neither
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:25:43 PM EDT
[#23]
She definitely needs to go to the Dr.  I dated a girl for a while that had a similiar problem.  It turns out she had endometriosis.  She would have sharp pains immediately following sexual intercourse.  Eventually they gave her a shot that was supposed to help.  The shot made her not have a period for about a year(what a year it was), and it eased the pain greatly.  She eventually had to have surgery to remove some of the scar tissue from her ovaries.  Below is a list of symtoms.  The sooner she gets it checked out, the better. Here is a useful link w/ more info also. Link

Symptoms of endometriosis

The most common symptom of endometriosis is pelvic pain. The pain often correlates to the menstrual cycle, however a woman with endometriosis may also experience pain at other times during her monthly cycle.

For many women, but not everyone, the pain of endometriosis can unfortunately be so severe and debilitating that it impacts on her life significant ways.

Pain may be felt:

before/during/after menstruation
     during ovulation
     in the bowel during menstruation
     when passing urine
     during or after sexual intercourse
     in the lower back region

Other symptoms may include:

diarrhoea or constipation (in particular in connection with menstruation)
     abdominal bloating (again, in connection with menstruation)
     heavy or irregular bleeding
     fatigue
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Just tell her to shut the F up and let you enjoy the moment in peace.

Just kidding.  My GF used to get cysts that caused her alot of pain and then they just went away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top